Recommendations on Camping and ATV trails

aliengodd

Reaction score
Hi there we are from Edmonton and wanting to head out to Golden or surrounding areas for a 10 day holiday. Any suggestions on tent camping and ATV trails? We want to be close to a lake so our son can swim. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

aliengodd

Reaction score
Also we don't mind to be around other campers but prefer to stay away from major tourist areas.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kinbasket lake resort is where you want to be. lots of trails on the west side for discovery, you are lake side, not alot people stay here, tent friendly.Turn off is just psat the quartz creek turn off, bout 5km i am thinking. great place, plus the dude that runs the campground reminds me of the captin off the jaws movie

other than that there are alot of rec sites on the east side of the lake, with tons of old logging roads, but many locals get to em first. Usually suzane lake is a great place to hit, but a site can be hard to find.

aliengodd

Reaction score
We were at Kinbasket Lake resort before we had our quad and it was beautiful.We are a quiet, young family and the owner harassed us the whole time. We are respectful, quiet campers and the owner was like a wanna be cop on an ego trip. Some people love this resort but if you happen to be unlucky and have to camp beside the main area the owner literally harasses you. I read up on trip advisor and others have experienced this too.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found the people running Kinbasket, were not to friendly as well. We unloaded the river boats there. They complained about the noise and wake. We stayed at Campers Haven Rv,Tenting & Motel. They are awesome freindly folks. He has some nice cabins to stay in. Which is where we stayed. Clean, Hot water,TV etc. We drove the river boats upstream. beached them on the river behind the old mill. Can off load your atv,s right in the campground and ride from there. If you want to rough it a little more there is also sites alond the river just beyond the campground. I believe this is along the same road up to chatters creek.

aliengodd

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. We went to Kinbasket because a friend has been going there for years. He gave my wife ch!t for playing music quietly at 3 in the afternoon, gave us ch!t because our dog was whining when we went to shower, told us we were not allowed to burn dead fall (because he makes no money off wood) you name it this guy complained about. I looked on his website and he has this huge list of unreasonable rules and from what i have heard he is nice if you get him loaded by your campfire. No thanks!

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Donald is at the south end of Kinbasket Lake and Velemount is at the north end of Kinbasket Lake so about 190 km. between the two. The resort you stayed at is privately owned, the campgrounds near Valemount are Forestry Service Campgrounds where you deposit the $15 per night in a box. No owner there to bother you just need to be respectful of your fellow campers.

aliengodd

Reaction score
We are very respectful campers that is what bothered us about being harassed at Kinbasket. We need a beach area for our son and showering facilities as we are camping for 10-12 days.

Top Bottom