Recall

G

Guest1

October 3, 2008 Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Recalled Due To Drive Axle Failure

The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the BRP in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Ski-Doo Snowmobiles

Units: About 18,000

Manufacturer: Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., of Valcourt, Canada

Hazard: Cracks can develop in the welded joints of the drive axle assembly of the snowmobile and can result in complete breakage. If this happens the track of the vehicle can unexpectedly lock, causing riders to be ejected off the vehicle or lose control and collide with bystanders, a fixed object or other vehicles. This poses a risk of serious injury or death.

Incidents/Injuries: BRP has received 20 reports of locked tracks, including one report of a broken femur and reports of minor injuries such as bruises.

Description: This recall involves Ski-Doo Model Year 2008 and 2009 snowmobiles. Models included in the recall are listed below. Model numbers are printed on the side panels of the snowmobiles.

Ski-Doo Model Year 2008

MXZ X 800R PowerTEK
MXZ X 600HO SDI
MXZ Adrenaline 800R PowerTEK
MXZ Adrenaline 600HO SDI
MXZ TNT 500SS
MXZ Trails 500SS

GSX Limited Touring 600HO SDI
GSX Limited 800R PowerTEK
GSX Limited 600HO SDI
GSX Sport 500SS

MXZ Renegade X 800R PowerTEK
MXZ Renegade X 600HO SDI
MXZ Renegade 800R PowerTEK
MXZ Renegade 600HO SDI

MXZ X 600RS

Summit X 800R Power TEK
Summit Everest 800R PowerTEK

Ski-Doo Model Year 2009

MXZ TNT 600HO E-TEC

Sold by: Ski-Doo dealers nationwide from June 2007 through September 2008 for between $7,000 and $12,500.

Manufactured in: Canada

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the vehicles and contact their local Ski-Doo dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair. Consumers with recalled snowmobiles are being sent direct notice from BRP.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact BRP toll-free at (888) 638-5397 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at http://www.ski-doo.com

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they fixed that problem for the o9s, WTF is with that, skidoo needs to get there chit together

They started production on the 2009 MXZ TNT 600 E-Tec pretty early compared to any other sled. That is probably why it is on the list with the 2008's

mountaindoo

Reaction score
my xp pisses me off and the dealer wont give me a real date when they will fix it i bought mine last year and one thing after a nother

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my xp pisses me off and the dealer wont give me a real date when they will fix it i bought mine last year and one thing after a nother
Famous BRP customer service..It's what Canadians are paying the extra 3 grand per sled for....

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that its not the 09 E-tech but rather the 600RS. And PLEASE......give ur dealer a break, They didnt build it-just gotta fix it and it aint fun to do after doing the same thing to 30 sleds and about 150 more to go. Not including all the new ones outta boxes to deal with also.

P.S. Theres also a Electrical update to do at the same time. And gearing for the 146".

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that its not the 09 E-tech but rather the 600RS. And PLEASE......give ur dealer a break, They didnt build it-just gotta fix it and it aint fun to do after doing the same thing to 30 sleds and about 150 more to go. Not including all the new ones outta boxes to deal with also.

P.S. Theres also a Electrical update to do at the same time. And gearing for the 146".

I correct myself wich never happens too often. It is the MXZ TNT 600 E-tech Model MJ9A

Top Bottom