Rear suspension and Sag

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
I have an 08 xp with a t-motion upgrade and was looking for feedback on the amount of sag that is acceptable without any rider weight .. It seems to drop about 2 -3 inches with just the weight of the tunnel .. The plastic spacers are set at 3 and the shock is tightened 4.5 turns from when the adjustment ring touches the spring ? Is this normal to ride low?

Sent from my iPhone using

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you also go with the longer front shock and longer limiter? If not, the shorter front shock and springs dont help out the rear springs as much and you will get more sag. I would ride it and see how it works, some sag is normal and beneficial.

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
I took it off dollies .. Figured that out right away . And it has. 2012 x package front suspension . Front shocks set at just under 3

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
I bought the sled with the upgrade done . Not sure if it has a longer front shock .. There are two springs on the front one and the guy I bought it from said the rear springs have been replaced with stiffer ones ..not sure it matters but I am also quite light .. 145 lbs without any gear .. Thanks for the feedback so far

motorheadracing

Reaction score
I have an 08 xp with a t-motion upgrade and was looking for feedback on the amount of sag that is acceptable without any rider weight .. It seems to drop about 2 -3 inches with just the weight of the tunnel .. The plastic spacers are set at 3 and the shock is tightened 4.5 turns from when the adjustment ring touches the spring ? Is this normal to ride low?

It's a no brainer to turn the spring setting to number 5. Always with Skidoo the first inch or more is weak.
I have seen this before when some people get changing the rear suspension like doing the T motion instal. They over tighten the bolts which dosnt allow the suspension to hinge properly. This Is something to look into and can be the culprit for saggy bum

Sent from my shoe phone

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get bandit powder coats rear arm relocates.

I put the t motion in my 10x , with them in and now on setting one ( old stock springs ) its Like it was on 5 before.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Top Bottom