rear spring sag? how much is acceptable

gdawg

Reaction score
just picked up a 2015 174 with 700km on it . my question is i have the rear torsion springs on 5 and there seems to be a lot of sag or lack of rebound when you compress the rear end down it does not want to come back up much. that compared to my other 15 163 that it rebounds almost completely so to say? is that normal i tried looking for a post already related to this couldn't find. i see they sell heavy duty springs. was this a issue or is it just normal don't worry about it? thanks

gdawg

Reaction score
looking in the wrong places maybe these spacers will solve my issue just seen that thread

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not the spring, it's the shock. Some sag is normal. After hard day riding and a long rough trail down, mine is a low rider in the back.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again ??? The shock doesn't hold the rear of the sled up. It controls the rear spring's .
Heavier springs or bushings will solve your problem.
Yes some rear ride in is needed.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hold it up but restricts it somehow with rebound. At least mine after a hard day will be stuck down.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raptor sells a rear shock spring combo. I might grab one.

gdawg

Reaction score
ya mine sags just sitting in the garage. i have the suspension free lifted off the ground. and still same thing once you set it on the ground it sags say 6 inches and has barely any rebound. machine only has 700km looks like the spring spacers being sold on here will solve that issue or at least help

Dhuey92

Reaction score
Check out the spring spacers thread. I got them last year, really happy with them, reduces sag and was able to turn the spring adjuster knob back 2 spots.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again ??? The shock doesn't hold the rear of the sled up. It controls the rear spring's .
Heavier springs or bushings will solve your problem.
Yes some rear ride in is needed.

Lol my thoughts to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't hold it up but restricts it somehow with rebound. At least mine after a hard day will be stuck down.

The 40lbs of snow and ice is what's holding it down. The only way the shock would do that is if it's an air shock set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatty

Reaction score
been running hd springs for years have mine on 5 and bigger guy unless i sit on bumper no sag keeps boards of snow and reduces drag highly recommend changing to hd springs best 120$ you'll spend

Top Bottom