rear end clicking problem

nolan

Reaction score
Can anyone help me ,I have a 2004 rhino 660 with gorilla axles and when backing up or decellerating i feel a clicking and jerking from the back end , going forward is fine, Is this a axle ,or cv joint, or rear end problem????

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone help me ,I have a 2004 rhino 660 with gorilla axles and when backing up or decellerating i feel a clicking and jerking from the back end , going forward is fine, Is this a axle ,or cv joint, or rear end problem????

Im going through the same thing with my Prowler,Not completly solved yet but thinking it is the clutch!
catmando!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nolan, I replied to your pm.

Catman, not likely the clutch if it does it only in one direction. Didn't you have a similar problem in the spring?

nolan

Reaction score
Im going through the same thing with my Prowler,Not completly solved yet but thinking it is the clutch!
catmando!

Thanks cat ,Iam sure it is not the clutch will check the inner cv today as per Gary.

nolan

Reaction score
Nolan, I replied to your pm.

Catman, not likely the clutch if it does it only in one direction. Didn't you have a similar problem in the spring?

Thanks alot Garry ,I will check the iners today and let know???

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is most likely not your problem, but we put a tie strap on our friends before..... man was it funny. The look on his face when he herd the click, click, click........ Thought he was going to cry. Brand new quad with 13 km on it.......:eek::d

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like CV- had it happen afew times and had other friends quads do it aswell.

that sound can travel throught the frame meaning if it sounds like its at the back heck it could be at the front aswell.

Top Bottom