Rear cargo box, soft vs hard sided

kavik

Reaction score
I am looking to get a rear cargo box for my King Quad. I do not need it to hold a ton of stuff and like the idea of one with a built in seat. I have seen a few soft sided ones that I like. Figure they may hold up better if banged around, or bumped into. But the hard sided ones can be locked and would clean up easier.
Any suggestions?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I've got a hard-sided one with built in seat.This works best for me cause I'm always packin a kid with me,plus I get to pack all the snacks,drinks extra clothes etc. for the whole family.Also protect the machine in case of an endo down a hill.Don't ask me how I know that.

Attachments

• 2009 Campout 009.jpg
    2009 Campout 009.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 58

pjquad

Reaction score
The soft ones come off easy if put on with straps and the zippers if you run a wax candle around the zipper every once in a while seems to work good. The hard ones with the built in seats are just a little harder to dismount if you need to get off in a bit of a hurry. Only an opinion.

kavik

Reaction score
Thanks. Never thought about the zipper getting clogger with mud. Makes sense.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue with soft sided ones is the zipper, once they get all muddy the zipper starts screwing up, next thing you know its a fixture in the garage.

Exactly and @ 100-200$ they aren't exactly cheap.

I had soft bags both of them are now in the garbage due to zippers.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the soft bags because they are so easy to remove when your washing or repairing. Ogio makes a nice bags for both the front and rear. They have a lifetime warranty and have buckles instead of zippers. They're pretty water resistant too (as long as you don't go in deaper than the lid of the bag).

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the soft bags at first, zippers were the issue and they too went into the trash. like pjquad mentioned, I was unsure about the large rear hard boxes in the event of a situation where I had to bail off, so I put a hard box meant for the front rack onto the rear.

box1.jpg

box.jpg

putang59

Reaction score
I have had a few instances where the rear hard cargo box has saved the bike from rolling over backwards. and seen a few times where a hard box would of saved the bike from going over backwards and anytime they go over backwards they get expensive. I would go with the hard shell

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a hard shell one that is made for the front stuck on my back rack, i like it because it is not in the way too much if you have to bail, but in the event that you cant bail it creates a area of open space where the quad doesnt hit the ground

Top Bottom