Rear bumper strength

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious about hauling gas and also pulling with the back bumper. Each sled has a rear bag. One has First Aid/Survival equipment the other tow rope and bungee. My question is can I make a bracket to hold a gas can for the back of the 800. Or should I put the gas can closest tot he seat and rig something for the bag on the very back.

Also if Katie gets stuck will the 800 bumper be OK to hook a bungee to. It sticks out a lot farther than the 600 does, looks like it wouldn'tn be as strong.

88ac183d.jpg

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should reinforce the tunnel and tie a center support from the tunnel to the bumper to be able to pull or haul a 20 litre can.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as dutchman says, gas can as close to the rear ofseat as possible, bag behind gas can, we use 10 litre cans, but ride doo xp's so far never needed extra gas so have been leaving it at the truck.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have only had the 800 out twice. it looked to burn the same as the 600 or very close but was a hero snow day. Not sure how it will compare in the powder, I'm sure will use much more.

So if I put the can close to the seat I should be OK? Or should I still reinforce for the bungee when towing?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I went with a Polaris hitch on my 163. The head itself swivels. It mounts solid and clean. I've pulled sleds and skimmers without issue. The less stress you put on the tunnel the better. Therefore put your gas can close to the seat where the strength is. Pack lighter to the rear if required.

Attachments

• backpack.JPG
    backpack.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 84

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a Polaris hitch on my 163. The head itself swivels. It mounts solid and clean. I've pulled sleds and skimmers without issue. The less stress you put on the tunnel the better. Therefore put your gas can close to the seat where the strength is. Pack lighter to the rear if required.

How does the hitch mount? Where does it mount to?

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How does the hitch mount? Where does it mount to?

You can see the three bolts along the bottom of the tunnel where the hitch tubing rests. Same on the other side. The head of the hitch is a swivel unit that mounts at the rear. This is a factory hitch for my model and yr. Not sure whats available for yours.

Attachments

• IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 71

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. So it looks like they just go farther down the tunnel to spread out the pulling force over a longer distance. Nice set up.

Top Bottom