Real-time Belt and Clutch Temp Readings?

duckyone65

Reaction score
I have been thinking about making a small device to read belt and possibly clutch face temps. Not sure what it will look like yet, but probably a small display I can attach to the handlebar or near the guages. I am thinking If there is enough interest, I might make it good enough to sell to others.

Anyone else interested?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about making a small device to read belt and possibly clutch face temps. Not sure what it will look like yet, but probably a small display I can attach to the handlebar or near the guages. I am thinking If there is enough interest, I might make it good enough to sell to others.

Anyone else interested?
Laser temp guages......they allready exist. about 70 bucks you would need two for your application I think.

duckyone65

Reaction score
That was the plan. I already have one and use it quite a bit. I check my belt/clutch temps when I stop sometimes but it would be nice to know when you are moving. I saw a post on Dynamo Joe's site that listed the self-destruct temps of various belts.

I am thinking that for guys doing long pulls in steep/deep that it would be useful. Could save a lot of belts if you knew when to back off. Also good for use during clutch tuning I would think.

Mod'ed my existing IR thermometer tonight. Can have one IR temp plus ambient temp (= underhood temp) plus min/max temp functions for fairly cheap.

Top Bottom