RE ; Mudbuster cam and boring out to a 686

silverstar32

Reaction score
hi am am wanting to bore my 2005 grizz to a 686cc
was wondering if i should use a wiseco piston
i ride around rocky
what compression should i get so i can safely use premium pump gas?
which cam should i get?

any input would be greatly appreciated

Mikehunt

Reaction score
Wiesco is a good brand of piston to use, stay under 11to1 if you want to use pump gas

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silverstar, have you done this yet or called the guy "AreWeThereYet" suggested ?

I did this mod to my 03 Grizz, I used a JE piston 10:75.1, Raptor Cam & raptor valve springs. Did it back in Aug of 09. Runs great & lots of torque.

I also did some mild porting & polishing. Did it help ?? I don't really know. But it sure didn't hurt !! :devildancing:

Attachments

• Old & New 2.jpg
    Old & New 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Exhaust Ports-After.jpg
    Exhaust Ports-After.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Intake Ports - After.jpg
    Intake Ports - After.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Intake Aft - After the Grinder.jpg
    Intake Aft - After the Grinder.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Intake Looking FWD - After the Grinder.jpg
    Intake Looking FWD - After the Grinder.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 83

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I did the 686 in my 06 660, with the wisco high compression 11.5/1 piston last year, I also put in the mud buster cam at the same time, there was a difference in torque, and i still run pump gas (91) octane it runs fine. I ride mostly the Nordegg are and occasionally around Boyle and have had absolutely no issues. When I had questions about doing the work I talked to Kevin over at Rapid and he gave me all the info I needed.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I did the 686 in my 06 660, with the wisco high compression 11.5/1 piston last year, I also put in the mud buster cam at the same time, there was a difference in torque, and i still run pump gas (91) octane it runs fine. I ride mostly the Nordegg are and occasionally around Boyle and have had absolutely no issues. When I had questions about doing the work I talked to Kevin over at Rapid and he gave me all the info I needed.

X2....... I put over 4500kms on this kit and sold it 3 years ago and it's still pulling good to this day for a buddy. Must be over 6k on it now. I also did a polish.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too bad for price.

Only other costs I had were for the bore job, oil, antifreeze, etc. And if ya don't have a pipe & air filter upgrade, this would be a good time to do those.

And as far as jetting, I'm running one jet richer than stock for my altitude.

Top Bottom