RCMP ticketing RMH Falls Creek trails

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On August long weekend the RCMP were ticketing all OHV on the RMH Falls Creek trail
Staged at the Fire Tower parking lot and met 10 motor cross bikes coming back into the parking lot. All 10 bikers got $310.00 tickets and Madatory Court Appearance for being on a "CLOSED" road that goes from Hiway 752 north up to the falls.

As as we were pulling out met 3- quadders and they also got tickets and court appearance.

So so how do you know which trail is okay?????

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most trails have been around for 10-20 years and everyone has rode them.
So like the Falls Creek trail the RCMP just rode down the trail 3 km and set up a check stop on the trail so you had to go past them.
So the expression "Know before you go" does not really apply
we have GPS these trails and rode them for 10 years but now it can cost $310.00 fine plus $1000.00 to $5,000.00 court appearance ( depends on the judge)

Is this the new NDP government in ACTION or the HORSE people???

the ATV are getting pushed out of the east Slopes of the Rockies.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure where 752 and the junction road to falls creek is there is a sign posted stating no ohv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing that sign but have seen the gate locked before. After looking hard, I can't find anything indicating that the Fall Creek trail itself is closed, so it must be just the road???

I have seen a trail that looks like it goes up into the mountain ridge to the South of that road entrance. Anyone every try this trail? ...I'm thinking that might be a legal alternative.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember correct the gate is locked and closed by the logging company.
The area has been closed for a few years.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing that sign but have seen the gate locked before. After looking hard, I can't find anything indicating that the Fall Creek trail itself is closed, so it must be just the road???

I have seen a trail that looks like it goes up into the mountain ridge to the South of that road entrance. Anyone every try this trail? ...I'm thinking that might be a legal alternative.

The trail to the south goes back a ways, it has been used by rockcrawlers over the years, however the length of trail i drove on it , didnt join up with the falls creek trail at any point as it is south of the creek. Like ray said the area has been closed down for a couple years, last time i was there a sign was in place stating no ohv beyond the gate, was also posted down by the bridge at the old campground

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail to the south goes back a ways, it has been used by rockcrawlers over the years, however the length of trail i drove on it , didnt join up with the falls creek trail at any point as it is south of the creek. Like ray said the area has been closed down for a couple years, last time i was there a sign was in place stating no ohv beyond the gate, was also posted down by the bridge at the old campground

Sad to hear about this.

I am a junior partner on that trapline. The logging in there has caused us some grief with the way they roll back and block our trails. That little cabin is my buddys, he owns the RFMA. The big jeeps and SxSs and quads have made most of the trails ridiculously rutted and nearly impassable until freeze up. Maybe this is the reason for the closure? I hope it doesnt affect us with our trapping activities.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad to hear about this.

I am a junior partner on that trapline. The logging in there has caused us some grief with the way they roll back and block our trails. That little cabin is my buddys, he owns the RFMA. The big jeeps and SxSs and quads have made most of the trails ridiculously rutted and nearly impassable until freeze up. Maybe this is the reason for the closure? I hope it doesnt affect us with our trapping activities.

as permitted trappers you will not be affected, however Falls Creek area has been closed for 2-3 years now if memory serves me correctly, just trying to find the info on SRD website.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a joke, the only thing that would happen in that scenario is your ride being confiscated and even more problems and court dates. Sorry if it was taken seriously.
Well u left it open with out anything else to say it wasn't a serious post lol

One more thing, they will take ur truck and trailer also, so it doesn't make sense to take the chance

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
Most trails have been around for 10-20 years and everyone has rode them.
So like the Falls Creek trail the RCMP just rode down the trail 3 km and set up a check stop on the trail so you had to go past them.
So the expression "Know before you go" does not really apply
we have GPS these trails and rode them for 10 years but now it can cost $310.00 fine plus $1000.00 to $5,000.00 court appearance ( depends on the judge)

Is this the new NDP government in ACTION or the HORSE people???

the ATV are getting pushed out of the east Slopes of the Rockies.

Without a doubt, it is the fish people Bull Trout spawning stream at risk - Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all you NDP voters....this is just the beginning !!!
put mulc$&t in and then you will see a total shutdown....

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I still have yet to find any info about the closure which leads me to believe the only thing off limits is the logging road we use to get there.

Perhaps someone else here has had better luck finding some definitive answers?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I still have yet to find any info about the closure which leads me to believe the only thing off limits is the logging road we use to get there.

Perhaps someone else here has has better luck finding some definitive answers?
Yes I think it's just the road to the bridge that's closed off, not so much the area

U can go the other way from trunk road, close to ram falls and hummingbird

We road from base line, down falls creek and ended up in this huge valley and came out at the trunk road

Then road back, long ride and didn't expect to come out on the trunk road lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the road is off limits as well as any entry into the creek itself as far as I know. not worth getting caught in there, I have heard the area is being monitored with camera's.

used to be a real nice place, now more like an atomic wasteland, the view definitely not worth the fine or the mandatory court appearance. will be a federal offence if caught in the creek.

Last edited:
Top Bottom