RCMP in parking lots

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have your stuff ready and organized, its all over in 5 minutes and you are on your way.
Really quite painless.

Never seen so many cops between Vale and Mcbride giving tickets on highway as this weekend.
Actually since entered BC, must be on another zero tolerance speed weekend quota deal.
You'all drive safe.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but really, a sled on your trailer, or in the back of your truck, is not on public/government property. no reason for you to provide insurance or registration.

I get what your saying, If any vehicle leaves your property it’s on public land, regardless if it in a trailer or on the back of a truck. Documents for that property or load must accompany the driver and be surrendered for verification when required.

It’s no different for commercial vehicles.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your an big man for bitchin about registrations, your even a bigger man for not insuring your chit because your on crown land riding. And the biggest part of you is the laziness in not carrying your proof. Or is that stupidity.
All i can say big man is, don't ever hit one of my sleds or injure myself or my wife. I assure you will wish you'ed had never met me under those circumstances. You never know where i will be out there but one thing for sure i will be that guy that will change your life.
Now big man, be a real man and register and insure your chit and stop being a whining wanabe, there are too many of you out there ruining the sport and having no consideration for others but only for them self.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You all have the right to an attorney, so tell the cop you have to call your Lawyer and see how that goes.......

Or like other have already said...... If you're all legal, let them card or search you. WTF are you afraid of?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy solution. Best phone case I have owned. License,insurance,credit card all on the go. Plus most people use a cell phone for pictures

C790B109-05F0-4BBF-849F-9D5428611CC1.jpeg

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Easy solution. Best phone case I have owned. License,insurance,credit card all on the go. Plus most people use a cell phone for pictures

View attachment 232724
I treat my important items & document's kinda like the presidential travel policy. My phone, keys and document's must travel separately, so if one is lost I haven't lost everything.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not carry my wallet or ID with me riding on the mountain or out camping. I do have photos of my insurance, registration, plates and DL on my phone with me. Which I can produce.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my sleds are registered and insured for liability. $2,000,000. each sled.
I carry a photo copy of all my document's in both sleds in a seal(ziploc) bag. And have zero issues with being asked by the cops of proof.
These documents don't seem to effect our riding or performance of the sled but if it did you can alway's take a picture on your phone as proof.
Either way, IF by chance i was too or the wife was too run into you and worst injure you. My #1 priority is YOU and making sure your covered for my mistake.

I greatly appreciate the checks the RCMP do, i wish they didn't need to doit but some seem to think they are better then others.
Have a good season guys ride safe.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not carry my wallet or ID with me riding on the mountain or out camping. I do have photos of my insurance, registration, plates and DL on my phone with me. Which I can produce.
What do you drive and what is your plate number? Asking for a friend. Lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is it even possible in BC to have liability insurance on a sled without it being registered first?
Someone must know, its not something i have even thought of because registration is just part of ownership imo.
The answer should be no but is it?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some off these topics and comments make a person scratch his head ?
People show up in thousands of dollars in equipment, stay in accommodation’s and spend big money on the sport and pissing and moaning about things that are important to have like Lund has mentioned !!!
Small percentage to pay .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some off these topics and comments make a person scratch his head ?
People show up in thousands of dollars in equipment, stay in accommodation’s and spend big money on the sport and pissing and moaning about things that are important to have like Lund has mentioned !!!
Small percentage to pay .
Some think they can afford the sport but really can't. I know a guy whose truck and deck is far less money than his sled and packs sandwhichs with him so he doesn't have to eat at a restaurant. He lives with in his means.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some think they can afford the sport but really can't. I know a guy whose truck and deck is far less money than his sled and packs sandwhichs with him so he doesn't have to eat at a restaurant. He lives with in his means.

And nothing wrong with that as probably some of the best people to represent the sport .

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant get liability insurance in bc without registering it first
bcwf membership has some liabilty coverage if u are out hunting or fishing but then your ride should be registered on crown land
My farm insurance covers me on my property for my quad that isnt registered as no need to register it since it never leaves the property

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant get liability insurance in bc without registering it first
bcwf membership has some liabilty coverage if u are out hunting or fishing but then your ride should be registered on crown land
My farm insurance covers me on my property for my quad that isnt registered as no need to register it since it never leaves the property

Kinda what i figured, so those bitchin about spot checks by officers, registration and refusing to register their sled or sled's you can bet on it that they have no insurance period.
That is just wrong, no wonder these threads get started. I hope it is educational enough for those NOT legal to sort thing out before heading out again.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problems hanging over sled paperwork when riding public land.

If I have broken or suspected of braking a law then I will identify.

To many peeps getting false COVID tickets because they let the cops id them for no reason

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my sleds registered, I belong the BCWF for coverage which I get when I buy my annual gun range pass.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OP says he doesnt want to be carded in the parking lot for no reason. Some how that means he has no insurance or registration is riding a stolen sled and cant afford his truck payments...

Wow...

This is why we will he wearing masks in public for the next 10 years, no body gives a flying fk about freedoms any more.

Top Bottom