RC Truck ?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We used too all bring ours too camp in the patch, there was a gravel pit we would find the biggest pile and build a ramp at the bottom and have high mark competitions, was a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Think I'm going too go play with mine when I get home, been a few months and there fun on ice too

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Traxxas Stampede brushless 4x4 and running Lipo batts....waaaay too much for a 7 yr old, but with stock batts would be OK. I have to run metal axles and the slipper clutch from a gas model as the Lipo power really tears stuff up, but she's pretty reliable now. Buy extra bodies. I have a "pretty painted one" for sitting on the shelf....the one I run is covered with box liner and looks like he!!. Haha

not a worry ....ALL of these cars can be dialled right back throttle response turned down and max speed reduced with programming. Info on how to do that is in your manual ......fun to do to a buddy's truck and watch him scratch his head because the trucks a total dog now :)

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a worry ....ALL of these cars can be dialled right back throttle response turned down and max speed reduced with programming. Info on how to do that is in your manual ......fun to do to a buddy's truck and watch him scratch his head because the trucks a total dog now :)

Manual???? Lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We used too all bring ours too camp in the patch, there was a gravel pit we would find the biggest pile and build a ramp at the bottom and have high mark competitions, was a blast

gravel pits are about the only place a guy can run the 6S lipo setup lol. we go to the local MD sandpit, about a 100' natural sand bank wall. it's just like them crazy norwegian formula offroad buggies but in 1/8 scale.

Last edited:

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I'm blown away at how crazy some of these RC Trucks can get, thanks again for all the great info. The Xmas gift New Bright truck is in the garbage bin as of this morning lol. His Birthday is coming up in a few months, so I have a bit of time.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will throw a vote in for a traxxas product, just because of parts availability. being new to the hobby you will need parts and every hobby shop in the city has traxxas parts, best buy has some parts, and i am sure interior offroad is now selling traxxas.

Stay away from nitro for young kids and as a beginner, charge and go is were its at nowadays anyway, the mini revos are tough and fun in both brushless form, the stampeds are excellent beginner vehicles tough and reasonably priced. buy brushed get good them upgrade and the sky's the limit once that starts (well actually the wallet is.)

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Well I ended up buying him a Arrma Fury, been a month now. He runs it at least 2 times a day, it's been great so far. I'm going to have to get one for myself to use for sure.

Top Bottom