Razor Wheel Bearings...

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...seem to wear out rather quick, ...
Having chatted with a few on this very issue, I've come to the conclusion that loading up brand new ones full to capacity with grease is the only viable solution..from what I've found out anyways..
Unless , I'm open to suggestions/experiences....
For a 15' Highlifter ..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brute was hard on rear bearings too, yes packing full of grease new made a huge difference in the life

But still only prolonged it

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 900 XP ate wheel brgs and axles
Too many to count

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found wheel bearings online for about 10% of the cost from Polaris. I filled them with grease and the have lasted longer than the OEM. For the cost I can not see any quality difference.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm at 2000miles and no squeaking yet. What kinda mileage did you guys get on the first set...brakes and bearings?

Brakes about 300 km

Wheel brgs maybe 500 or 600 km.

I drive a bit fast at times

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you just go around all the mud holes your bearings will last longer! Said no man ever lol. You can get the bearing at commercial bearing for way cheaper then Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost went through as many bumpers and wheel brgs.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm at 2000miles and no squeaking yet. What kinda mileage did you guys get on the first set...brakes and bearings?

I'm about the same 300k brakes, 5-600k bearings.... However I'm thinking bearings will be better now that I got my bead-lockers to seal properly to run lower air pressure..

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same 300k brakes, 5-600k bearings.... However I'm thinking bearings will be better now that I got my bead-lockers to seal properly to run lower air pressure..

Holy cow, everyone says I'm hard on things...1700 miles and still smooth sailing on the bearings and brakes. You guys must be animals!
now I'm jinxed, this weekend there will be a earth shattering ka boom and it will all go at once. Thanks

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy cow, everyone says I'm hard on things...1700 miles and still smooth sailing on the bearings and brakes. You guys must be animals!
now I'm jinxed, this weekend there will be a earth shattering ka boom and it will all go at once. Thanks

I got over 1000km on mine, brakes and bearings and still great. But then i probably drive it like grandpa compared to some of you guys.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got over 1000km on mine, brakes and bearings and still great. But then i probably drive it like grandpa compared to some of you guys.

Comes as a surprise to me too, I thought these sxs were bomb proof. Well at least one should get 4000-5000km before crap like failing brakes and bearings.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You have not seen me drive.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comes as a surprise to me too, I thought these sxs were bomb proof. Well at least one should get 4000-5000km before crap like failing brakes and bearings.

I think if your getting only 5-600km on brakes and wheel bearing's, your doing something either very wrong or are very abusive on things.
If not Polaris is building some serious junk and we are stupid enough to give them our money.
So far mine has been solid.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if your getting only 5-600km on brakes and wheel bearing's, your doing something either very wrong or are very abusive on things.
If not Polaris is building some serious junk and we are stupid enough to give them our money.
So far mine has been solid.

I am abusive

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearings are cheap , knees not so much ...

The Chinese have been put on notice to slow production , as demand has gone the way of the crow ....
Axles , wheel bearings , bushings and tie rod ends .... Yes we have changed a few !!

Top Bottom