Raptor TRS springs

old700

Reaction score
Anybody try the Raptor triple rate spring package on a set of Standard WE shocks. I have a 2016 163 Axys and looking to upgrade, just not sure I want to spend 3K on complete shock/spring setup.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody try the Raptor triple rate spring package on a set of Standard WE shocks. I have a 2016 163 Axys and looking to upgrade, just not sure I want to spend 3K on complete shock/spring setup.

I was very tempted to try this out, but it still doesn't change the valving and rebound in the shocks. Thats where the biggest issue is with the factory shocks. I would recommend getting them rebuilt by someone like Nextech, $100 per shock is money well spent for custom valving.

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll aggree with the valving. I did spend the cash on the full setup, well worth it, but it is a large price tag, specially with our dollar now. Have a buddy with double rate springs on his pro, made a big difference, but still not compareable with out the internal rebuild.
I was very tempted to try this out, but it still doesn't change the valving and rebound in the shocks. Thats where the biggest issue is with the factory shocks. I would recommend getting them rebuilt by someone like Nextech, $100 per shock is money well spent for custom valving.

mtncat1

Reaction score
i have ran the raptor springs on 2 pros with stock shocks and there is a very noticeable improvement in ride quality . plus they are a great company to buy from and stand behind there products . i think they also have valving recommendations
if you call them.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After 1 season with them on the Pro-Ride and one season and 14 rides this season with them on my 163 AXYS I say this:

I like them on the ski shocks because they allow more adjustment. Stockers get the spring too loose when backing off and when running tight, these will crush the light section but the mid and heavy coils still do a good job. For the rear spring, pretty much crush the light section and run on mid to hard. For the center shock, they are way too soft, you end up riding on the stiff coils only with the nut tightened up most of the way. The light and mid coils are crushed and then the stiff feels rigid. For the center shock only I will be going back to stock spring.

Top Bottom