ranger on sled deck on 1/2 ton

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the ranger may be a foot taller, maybe more? hwy overpasses may be a problem, and also a few power lines. I'm thinking there may be a few wobbly pops needed for loading and unloading. i may need a large pack of depends.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might see it in RD since we haven't figured out how to un-load it yet. Ha Ha.

She's some scary watching that show.

Way way past my days of wow.

RV is happy now that it can go out camping.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes that outfit is on the tippy side. take some big cads to get that up and off.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plan from long time pal Joe N. Price tag attached of course.

Option #1 -Long frame 1 ton with steal deck. Heavy wall skirt at back too support holiday trailer.
#2 - Truck camper with SXS on trailer in tow.
#3 - Fifth Wheel toy hauler
#4 - High roof En-closed V-Nose trailer to pack SxS/ home made live in camp set-up. "Not if happily married."

My V was 20% longer then needed, 33 footer with V"... It worked out well for the 8 years I had it. Then a good deal come up on a real holiday trailer fully loaded, so small quad remained packing on sled deck, then 1 quad per truck.
Holiday trailer #2 was a bit smaller that helped a-lot in the get around category,,, 21 footer.

It was so easy to pull, so I ended up on the road for a year across Canada coast to coast, then headed to the USA to check out 36 or 37 states. Dammed small trailer took me to far... Ha.

Just a thought if one needs to pack the SxS since its kind of an art to find what works best. "Ever changing plan that is."

I must stop looking at those comfy SxS seats. LOL.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the ranger may be a foot taller, maybe more? hwy overpasses may be a problem, and also a few power lines. I'm thinking there may be a few wobbly pops needed for loading and unloading. i may need a large pack of depends.

I put my ranger in the box of my truck. 1 ton dually dodge. Went through the Wendy's drive through today a nook out the roof thing over top of the speaker! Lol it was on springs so it didn't hurt the ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ranger pulling 1/2 ton with 2 rangers on deck to mud hole then !

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that is just plain crazy!!!! no way we could get tex approval on that one! lol.

I wonder if it has C-clips?

I have some c-clamps, if that would help?

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now that is just plain crazy!!!! no way we could get tex approval on that one! lol.

I wonder is it has-clips?

I have some c-clamps, if that would help?

Polaris glue will hold

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok then, we can put skis on legs of deck with ranger on top. (Secured by bunggy cords only.) If aproved.

Push unit off 4000 foot cliff as we all bet on furthest distance travel with motor shut off.

Winner gets free beer.

I think I'm still voted out ! Ha

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will this be a rolling start push over hill. and will beer be in ranger going over the cliff.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey.....if someone knows of a tailgate from an old Fargo truck like this....please pm me. I have a good friend who needs a tailgate to complete his truck.....

If it's from a 60 ish vintage dodge fleet side truck I do

Weather it's for sale or not is the next question, was going to make a swing down deck seat with it

I'm not sure....I kinda recall him saying it was a 58 or 59....I will have to clarify that....be seeing him in a couple of weeks.

Hi Tex...turns out it is a 1965 Dodge D100....do you have a tailgate that you want to sell?

Top Bottom