RamBox: Sled Deck Compatible?

sledneck_joe

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in the market for a new truck, pretty certain I'll be buying a Ram Cummins. A local dealer has a blowout sale on a 2014 3500, but the catch is it has the RamBox. It measures just over 48" wide inside, wall to wall. Just wondering if anyone has ran a sled deck on this RamBox, or if it's possible for that matter. Love the truck, just not sure about the box. Thanks!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the marathon classic deck and there is no way it would fit in a ram box. As the legs are in front and behind the wheel well

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in the market for a new truck, pretty certain I'll be buying a Ram Cummins. A local dealer has a blowout sale on a 2014 3500, but the catch is it has the RamBox. It measures just over 48" wide inside, wall to wall. Just wondering if anyone has ran a sled deck on this RamBox, or if it's possible for that matter. Love the truck, just not sure about the box. Thanks!

Pretty sure that Wes at CrossTrax could make one that would work for you. His stock decks won't fit, but he's done lots of other custom decks.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building a custom deck to fit is no problem....what's going to snag you is the ramp. On a typical deck, the width of the legs dictates the width of the ramp. A Cross-Trax ramp is 52" wide because the legs are 57" apart (outer dimensions), with a 1" brace on either side. Because you only have 48", you'd have to either go with individual ramps, which would eat up a pile of space in the box, or build the deck high enough to put the ramps in over top of the box sides, which would look kinda goofy.

sledneck_joe

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like I'll save money on the truck, but it'll cost me in finding a deck. Something to think about, thanks everyone.

Sent while doing my snow dance.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my ram box but just trading it in on a long box. The ram box is awesome for most things but not great for hauling.

Top Bottom