Ram River June 25

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to Ram River on Friday June 25 til tuesday wondering if anyone else will be in the neighbourhood.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess you are right just checked the web site I guess there is a little flooding going on. This happend to us a number of weeks ago when we were going to Slave Lake but the fire kinda did that in. Thanks for the heads up/

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is not the floodding ,,, it is closed every year until july 1 , with the flooding may even be longer...

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Campground is closed as well. I now know that the north ram area is closed are there not any other trail systems that we can go to? We may end up going back to Medicine lake again just because we know it is still open. Would go back to Brazeau but well still kinda have a bad taste in our mouths from there. Any one have a suggestion? My wife and I will be by ourselves after our friends leave on Sunday. We are hoping to find an area that has different types of riding.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife had a gander at it and thought it might be a little too close together(Medicine lake, Brazeau Canal more our style. She has found that cadomin with a campground (Watson Creek) may be more what we are looking for. A little disappointed that we will have to Ram another time. Thanks

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can actually see the campsites on their website Outwest Camping & R.V. Park
Its not a bad campground, great for the kids and you can quad right out of the site, just not a lot of privacy (but then again some people prefer that) Me I could care less after a goods nights sleep most people move down a few site cuz someone snores like a bear :)d) The wife likes her little world.

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at outwest what is the quading like ?
for the one that snores , get a mask , I use one , and I sleep alot better...

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A mask?? My wife prefers to use a pillow:eek: Good thing we bought a well insulated trailer.Sound deadening is great( not so good for the wife)

avalanche

Reaction score
not all areas in the ram river area are closed until july 1, only trails such as the hummingbird trail is closed to OHV until july every year, but i believe places like cuttoff creek or there some random spots on north fork road along the north ram river that have no restrictions for time of year..... i could be wrong but i believe i have a map somewhere that shows what trails are open to ohv and the only one that isnt open until july 1 is the hummingbird, i was actually driving on the david thompson highway back from the mountains and made a pit stop at the big horn dam area to check things out and it was full or trailers and people driving there atv's around, and that was the first weekend in june i believe?

Top Bottom