Ralph's Motorsports founder obit

234blair

Reaction score
Rest in peace. Ralph was an icon of the Calgary sledding community.

WEGENER, Ralph Edward

October 25, 1945 – Linden, AB
November 27, 2013 – Balzac, AB Ralph Wegener passed away suddenly in Balzac on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at the age of 68 years. Ralph is survived by his daughter Colleen Hay (Rick) and son Mark Wegener (Tracy), and his grandchildren Cody and Kendra. He is also survived by his two sisters, Jeanette Seabourne (John), and Deloros MacDonald (Al), as well as many nieces and nephews. Ralph will also be lovingly remembered by many extended family members and friends. Ralph was predeceased by his wife, Sheila. Ralph was both an accomplished farmer as well as a successful businessman in his years of business as Founder of Ralph’s Motorsports. He will be respectfully remembered by the staff at Ralph’s Motorsports for being that guy that could answer any question about a snowmobile that was model years older than the age of the staff asking him the question. He was a hard worker and took great pride in what he accomplished. Ralph was well known for his sense of humor and joking nature. In a circle of laughter, Ralph was often at the center of it telling an unbelievable, yet true, story of something he did or something that happened to him. He could have written a book!! Ralph was a family man and loved his children and grandchildren with all his heart. Especially warm to his heart were his grandchildren Cody and Kendra who he was immensely proud of and who brought him continuous smiles. A Celebration of Ralph’s life will be held at McINNIS & HOLLOWAY’S Chapel of the Bells (2720 Centre Street North) on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 10:30am. Please join our family in celebrating Ralph’s life. Condolences may be forwarded through Calgary Funeral Homes | McInnis & Holloway Funeral Homes | Calgary Alberta. In lieu of flowers, please make donations directly to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of Canada, 3100, 246 Stewart Green S.W., Calgary AB T3H 3C8 Telephone: (1-888) 884-2232. In living memory of Ralph Wegener, a tree will be planted at Big Hill Springs Park Cochrane by McINNIS & HOLLOWAY FUNERAL HOMES, Chapel of the Bells, 2720 CENTRE STREET NORTH, Telephone: 403-276-2296.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. He had a huge following and ran a great business that was admired by many. My condolences to Mark, Colleen and the rest of the family.

Superclamp

Reaction score
My condolences goes out to Mark and Colleen and to all their Families. I did some Sales consulting for Ralphs year ago , and He was a remarkable man, no words to describe his knowledge, RIP Ralph.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rip Ralph you sold me my first ATV and I thank you for that

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was in the store a few years back and talked to Ralph for about half an hour, was a very nice guy,left an impression for sure. Condolences to the family!

Top Bottom