Raising the Bars on a '13 XM

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my last sled i was running protapers and could not have been happier. beat the snot out of em, super comfy and never a problem. there are a lot of bars out there though. any mx bar, rsi and not sure but fly might as well.

YFZ 450

Reaction score
What's the trick to getting the reverse/headlight switch out? It doesn't have a disconnect and the switches won't fit. Do I have to disconnect in the engine bay and pull the cable through?

Disconnect it from the engine bay .... pain in the a$$ but no other way

yammyman

Reaction score
Let me know how the ISOVIBE does, I'm 6'3" and was looking at getting a 10" riser for my new XM. But for similar $$ it would make sense to go with the ISOVIBE attached to the stock post if it's good.

After 6 rides on the XM with the Isovibe I'm finding the 1 1/2" rise to work awesome with the riser rolled forward very slightly and the bars rolled back very slightly (no need for any brake line or cable lengthening.) You'll notice a bit of an improvement in the deep whoops as the sled can get very rough on elbows, wrists, shoulders and hands at higher speeds. You'll notice even better improvement at high speeds in smaller whoops on the trail ride out for example. Although I still have the damping set almost as stiff as the stock set up I'm overall very happy with this upgrade as its quick, has a lot of room for adjustment and gives 2 ride height adjustments. Just be sure to check your nylock nuts for tightness every so often. Mine were a bit loose after slamming into bars really hard once.

I'd give them a 7 for price, 8 for functionality, 8 for looks, 7 for weight gains/ reduction, a 9 for durability and a 10 for adjustability (they can be super spongey or pretty much stock with a quick adjustment.)

Overall I give them an 8 out of 10

Top Bottom