Raising the Bars on a '13 XM

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waiting patiently for my '13 to arrive.

Anyone that has their sled already - how much slack is there in the brake cable, throttle and electrics. Wondering how much bars can be raised without needing extensions.

Thanks everyone.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bars are pretty high, a little too high IMO
There should be enough room for another 2" of raise, but unless you are 6'+ I wouldn't bother

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a crazy giant so I got my dealer to put on the riser kit from brp there is one for the sp and one for the x looks the same as stock just a little high works with all the stock wiring and cables. I am 6'8" by the way.

bailer

Reaction score
I ordered the 175mm brp riser that is for the X model tapered bars. It is 45mm taller, which the accessory manual says is the maximum for cable length.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. First trip is 10 days long & 1500km one way. Want to be prepared to add taller riser in trailer if needed.

Cheers.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last two Xp's I had 10" risers but during several showroom braaps
i dont think my XM will need it... At least for me
im only 510 though lol

YFZ 450

Reaction score
I have one that I picked up for my free ride that you can have for $40 call me 780 885 7361 and yes 7/8" to 1 1/8"

yammyman

Reaction score
when your so tall your dont want to ride all hunched over and not be able to walk after riding all day. Its all a personal thing any way.

Agreed...

I'm 6'5 and I raised my 07 with an 8 " riser and loved it. Couldn't stand anything lower. However, last year I rented a twelve and rolled the bars forward to get a bit more height and loved it, even though I thought I would hate it. I guess the steering geometry changes helped a lot from the 07. I think you will have better control if you stay as low as you can but still need to keep a good posture.

I'm going with an isovibe vibration damper (awesome reviews) it will get rid of any arm pump (especially in the whoops) and also give me approx. 1 1/2 - 2 inches extension!

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and the stock was a little to low. I put the taller (+45 mm) one from BRP on and now it's great!!

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Agreed...

I'm 6'5 and I raised my 07 with an 8 " riser and loved it. Couldn't stand anything lower. However, last year I rented a twelve and rolled the bars forward to get a bit more height and loved it, even though I thought I would hate it. I guess the steering geometry changes helped a lot from the 07. I think you will have better control if you stay as low as you can but still need to keep a good posture.

I'm going with an isovibe vibration damper (awesome reviews) it will get rid of any arm pump (especially in the whoops) and also give me approx. 1 1/2 - 2 inches extension!

Let me know how the ISOVIBE does, I'm 6'3" and was looking at getting a 10" riser for my new XM. But for similar $$ it would make sense to go with the ISOVIBE attached to the stock post if it's good.

Top Bottom