Rain in Sicamous/Revy = Snow up top?

prelude48

Reaction score
Made a plan to ride Hunters Range Saturday and Boulder Sunday, Weather forecast says 5-10m of rain In both places, Would it be snowing up top? I have been to Boulder when the lot was +5 and up top the snow was sticky, unsure what to expect and we don't want to make the trip if it is in crap conditions. A bad day of riding is like a bad blowjob, even when its bad its still pretty good.

Thanks

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will have to check the weather sites for the freezing levels the revelstoke ski hill site has a alpine weather forecast that can be helpful
we were in revy jan 28 and it was pouring rain all the way to the cabin where it was just starting to be heavy wet snow the alpine was socked in clouds and fog
so we rode the trees

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke Mountain Resort Alpine forecast is for -1 C for a high and -4 C for a low with 11 cm on Friday, was 17 cm yesterday. Freezing level is 1400 metres so will have to ride up top. Over the years I've found you pay your money and take your chances when it comes to weather... had a lot of great days that had crappy forecasts! Worst case is you get out and spend time away from work with your riding buddies... good deal in my opinion!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All Avalanche reports have a weather report. Freezing levels were above zero up top over night it said. They are dropping to 1800m today. Snow will be setup then firm once it's freezes.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the parking lot attendant at Owl this am, he said icy up top. We were up monday and it was very warm. Snow like mashed potatoes. New snow on the way, will up the avy rating. Play safe!

Top Bottom