Racehorse Creek Camping!!

mxracer14

Reaction score
Howdy all!

A couple of buddies and I are going to be camping at Racehorse Creek Aug 1-10, going to do some dirtbiking and fishing all the good stuff. I was wondering if any of you guys/gals are going to be in the area riding or camping around the same time?! If so, we should get together one day! Just thinking out loud here, but always nice to make new friends! We ride dirtbikes but all toys are welcome on the rides! lol We ususally turn left at the T intersection there at the river and find a nice spot amongst the trees. Let me know if anyone is interested in going riding then.

Mxracer

mxracer14

Reaction score
South of Dutch. How we get there from Vulcan is head west of Nanton to the 22, then follow that south to the old abandoned gas station to turn into the mountains. At the end of that gravel road you come to a T intersection, Turn right to head up to dutch, turn left to head to racehorse. At the T is a bridge that crossed over the creek on your way up to dutch. We pulled aff the road right after the T and find a nice spot amongst the trees :)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great area, one of my favourites. We stopped going because sooo many people were breaking the rules.....permanent camps, altering the landscape to build permanent camps, staying beyond 14 days. Lot of nice sites occupied with tents or **** trailers, but no one to be found for days. Had a local tell us it was one or two families that did this every year pissing off a lot of other people. I think SRD was going to start cleaning it up a year or two ago. Let us know how your trip goes. Would like to hear that it has indeed been cleaned up and others allowed to enjoy it.

Especially need a fishing report.

mxracer14

Reaction score
The camping trip was a blast! Rode the bike hard for 6 straight days before the front bearing decided to wonk out. Soo much vibration! The weather was perfect the whole time. There was a fire restriction in effect so random camping was no fires, which turned out just fine. It was even nice to see no one else having fires. Still lots of permanent camps we ran across. Some where rather extravagant setups they built. Couple of them we didnt see a single soul the ten days we were out there. Fishing wasnt bad once we got down the river away from everyone. I caught one little trout while the girl i was with caught 4! grrr. hahaha

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report!

We camp there a bit, but mostly there to hunt in the fall. My family started hunting there in 1967, and dad always comments about the good old days!

The permanent camper thing really pisses me off! SRD should more than just ticket these people. Blows me away how little respect some people have for others (like sled guys that block the trial head at staging areas...!). If a person is at their site for 14 days, then fine, good on them for enjoying the outdoors, but those that chose permanent and extravagant should go to Kelwona.

Last edited:
Top Bottom