Race Rubber Vid

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m iffy on it. Great idea like the Munster kill switch but being able to smash the switch for a quick shut off in an emergency is nice.

I’ve had a bunch of accidental shut offs but nothing that ruined my day. Safety when your buddy needs to shut the sled off might be a higher priority. Not saying it’s a bad product. Everyone’s seen the video of the rider caught in the track. All of our sled will run forever upside down now. Having to find and hold a kill switch vs finding and hitting it could be a quick er visit vs a few weeks in a hospital bed.

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I’m iffy on it. Great idea like the Munster kill switch but being able to smash the switch for a quick shut off in an emergency is nice.

I’ve had a bunch of accidental shut offs but nothing that ruined my day. Safety when your buddy needs to shut the sled off might be a higher priority. Not saying it’s a bad produce. Everyone’s seen the video of the rider caught in the track. All of our sled will run forever upside down now. Having to find and hold a kill switch vs finding and hitting it could be a quick er visit vs a few weeks in a hospital bed.
I have used the tki for this reason and love that too, but now i have used this, no problem easy to shut off and like tki it stays in the same place so always where it should be over relocating it. And i always have my dess key around my wrist so easy emergency as well. cheers dave

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Until you can get it shipped to canada try using rubber bands. Us old farts have been using them for years.
I live in canada, this saves US money and shipping from the USA which is triple the cost of the unit. Rubber bands do work but break and these are designed for it, many ways to skin a cat.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in a situation where a 8 ft. hole opened up on me and my sled fell into it. I whacked the throttle and the sled climbed mostly out of the hole but I came off hte sled and ended up standing in the hole. The sled rolled backward into the hole and against my legs, trapping me against the wall. My Phantom did not shut down the sled because I was trying a higher shutdown time. I started to get overcome with exhaust fumes while waiting for help. The only way I could shut it off was by swinging my glove to hit the kill switch because I could not quite reach it with my hand. I do not like a product to let the motor restart if I just hit the button for a second. The first thing I do on a new sled is relocate that kill switch lower down so I can't hit it accidentally. The Doo guys often roll it to the bottom of he bars so it is accessible when the sled is upside down. I rolled a Cat on me once and could not locate d the kill switch because it was down in the snow.

Dave has a good product to let the motor restart if the button is accidentally pressed, only be sure this is what you want.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

I’ve had a bunch of accidental shut offs but nothing that ruined my day. Safety when your buddy needs to shut the sled off might be a higher priority. Not saying it’s a bad product. Everyone’s seen the video of the rider caught in the track. All of our sled will run forever upside down now. Having to find and hold a kill switch vs finding and hitting it could be a quick er visit vs a few weeks in a hospital bed.
this works the exact same way, but cheaper and easy to add, munster makes awesome products for sure

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
If only there was something different to wear around your wrist or TEATHER to your clothing that would shut the sled off. Imagine if something like that an with the the sled.
exactly as i do so easy to hit off switch with the race rubber and i probably shut oof and start my sled more than most when sled skiing, and this works awesome, teather is around my wrist so if i fall off or whatever sled shuts off or i can grab it with my hand if i was trapped and pull. Good enough for me, there will always be one of situations we can think of or have happen. cheers dave

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this works the exact same way, but cheaper and easy to add, munster makes awesome products for sure
My point was more on a quick shut off rather than needing to hold the button down to shut off.
I’ll elaborate a bit more, upside down and stuck in a track that’s spinning cause all new sleds will run upside down, dess cord being tight around your body but you can’t reach the cord to pull it off to kill the sled with the way you’re pinned, and you buddy running up and having to dig through the snow to find the kill switch and then hold it down completely until sled shuts down but he might slip because he’s full of adrenaline and his mind is going Mack chicken and he’s more focused on pulling you out of the track.
Not saying the rubber or Munster is a bad product, it’s great for some just not for me. Not trying to highjack your thread either Dave, I’m just worried about the what ifs as I’ve unfortunately seen a vivid video of that exact same scenario.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have Dess cord around wrist when sled tips over cord will pull dess. that's what its there for. I never use my kill switch anymore for shutting down sled.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
My point was more on a quick shut off rather than needing to hold the button down to shut off.
I’ll elaborate a bit more, upside down and stuck in a track that’s spinning cause all new sleds will run upside down, dess cord being tight around your body but you can’t reach the cord to pull it off to kill the sled with the way you’re pinned, and you buddy running up and having to dig through the snow to find the kill switch and then hold it down completely until sled shuts down but he might slip because he’s full of adrenaline and his mind is going Mack chicken and he’s more focused on pulling you out of the track.
Not saying the rubber or Munster is a bad product, it’s great for some just not for me. Not trying to highjack your thread either Dave, I’m just worried about the what ifs as I’ve unfortunately seen a vivid video of that exact same scenario.
which is why it is better to have the teather circled back on itself and on your wrist...having it down on you body , this can happen. Not worried one bit that i cant shut it off, if I can reach it to slam I can reach it to hold down its not much force. Having used it now
cheers dave

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
If you have Dess cord around wrist when sled tips over cord will pull dess. that's what its there for. I never use my kill switch anymore for shutting down sled.
I never pull the dess cord unless I come off, sled skiing that just slows ya down. Tether is circle back on itself at the end and when we dump ythe machine it hangs on handlebar, then through wrist and on and go, simple and effective, so i always shut off the machine by the kill switch...it takes a bit to get use to the pressure you need but once you do its like shutting off normal

Top Bottom