Quickest way up to Hay River NT

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going up at end of week from golden shows 23hrs. three diff routes-jasper,22x,cowtown up to oilton.which is best north of jasper/edmonton?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From your location I would go Banff, Jasper towards Hinton, turn off at the Grand Cache sign. Then up to Grande Prairie where I am at, then head up north to Fairview, Grimshaw, Manning then all the way up to NWT border.

Here is a reference map

blueberry valley BC loc: golden BC - Google Maps

If you right click on Golden and choose start from here option, then enter in Hay river NWT as destination it will show the routes,.. I myself always go through Jasper when we go down to Cranbrook because I like the scenery in Jasper.

jgrreed

Reaction score
going up at end of week from golden shows 23hrs. three diff routes-jasper,22x,cowtown up to oilton.which is best north of jasper/edmonton?

Hi,

Agree with the above. Done it myself once on way to YK. Be sure and stop at the waterfalls (Alexandra I think...), they're something to see, and just a 2 minute walk from the parking lot.

Plan your route in terms of fuel, etc. The services get pretty sparse past Peace River.

-Jeremy.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to get there as quick as I and cops will let me

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how bad/ruff is the road from manning to hay river its only 508k,but 10.75 hrs seems long

rusty43

Reaction score
how bad/ruff is the road from manning to hay river its only 508k,but 10.75 hrs seems long

Manning to High Level 2 hrs, good road. High level to Enterprise 2 1/4 hrs, road ruff at Indian Cabins (slow down!!!! for Delphine Creek sign just north of Indian Cabins, big dip) then another 25 minutes to Hay River from Enterprise(all these times at 120kmh). Do stop at Alexander falls, pull out right beside the highway. Are you riding or driving up?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
driving car. Picking up more/new family members:d:d:).

120k would there be any other speed!
thank A:beer:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:you guys flipping for the bill I love to see northern ab that way,don't think my sponsers will cover it

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manning to High Level 2 hrs, good road. High level to Enterprise 2 1/4 hrs, road ruff at Indian Cabins (slow down!!!! for Delphine Creek sign just north of Indian Cabins, big dip) then another 25 minutes to Hay River from Enterprise(all these times at 120kmh). Do stop at Alexander falls, pull out right beside the highway. Are you riding or driving up?

great drive no body up on the hiways NICE.The big dip,YUP ITS STILL THERE more like a:bullrider: WOW wasn't ready for that at 130am:d:d:rollinglaugh:the wife and I both hit the roof and at same time said there's the bump you'd have to hit it to know.

Top Bottom