Quick trailer question

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting know if anyone is hauling a Summit 154" on a 10' V nose triton trailer with salt guards? If I remember the last time I measured my sled it was 11' tip to tail. I want to go look at a used trailer today and before I go, just wanted to see if this combination is working for others or if its to tight on lengh. I know a 12' would solve my issues but don't see many used for sale and not budgeting for new right now.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanting know if anyone is hauling a Summit 154" on a 10' V nose triton trailer with salt guards? If I remember the last time I measured my sled it was 11' tip to tail. I want to go look at a used trailer today and before I go, just wanted to see if this combination is working for others or if its to tight on lengh. I know a 12' would solve my issues but don't see many used for sale and not budgeting for new right now.

It will probably be hanging a little off the back or right close to the edge but shouldn't be too bad, just depends on the V-nose angle and how they measured the trailer (10' from the tip of the nose or 10' not including the v-nose?). If the trailer is a good deal then it might be worth it, easier to store a 10' trailer than a 12' trailer if you are tight for room. I've loaded a 162" on a 10' v-nose trailer (10' right to the tip) and the skis were right to the front and the back of the track had about 6" hanging off. drove fine and the trailer balanced well and still had good weight.

Last edited:

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 10 ft trailer and hauled my 163 on it for years. It fit great when it was the only sled sitting in the centre tight to the V nose. Same sled hangs over a lot more on my deck. Lol

I second what modman said above. I liked the 10ft for storing in the garage and it towed great. I probably wouldn't get a 10 ft tho if it was a tilt style trailer and my sled was hanging off the back a foot or so. But that probably goes without saying.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your track will hang off the back a bit but that's not a bad thing. I will say that you can get a Triton 10' tilt for like $1600 new. Personally I wouldn't pay more for a drive on / drive off, it's just extra weight and wind resistance.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little track hanging off isn't really a big deal as long as its only a foot or two. Most of the weight is on the front end anyways so the trailer should still be balanced fine.

ltw

Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass trying to hook the ramp up when it hangs off the back as the rubber is placed right where the ramp goes. You always have to lift it up. If your coming to Battleford just PM vjc as he has a 12' for sale that has better salt guards, is 12' and has glides. May be a little more than this one listed but well worth the extra dollars.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your track will hang off the back a bit but that's not a bad thing. I will say that you can get a Triton 10' tilt for like $1600 new. Personally I wouldn't pay more for a drive on / drive off, it's just extra weight and wind resistance.

X2. I had a 10' triton tilt with 15" wheels and loved that trailer. Sold for a sled deck. That trailer was so easy to pull, easy to unload, and not too bad to load (install an old track on the trailer to help with traction). Oh ya bought it brand new from Martin's for $1600 + gst. They have deals around the sled show time in October.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The benefit to going with a 12' drive on/off unit is that you can haul 3 sleds on it.

Top Bottom