Questions about changing handle bars on xp!!

Sledneck911

Reaction score
I want to change my handle bars on my xp and I was wondering if I can still use the stock switches on new hand warmers? I don't want to do it if I can't still have those switches cause I like how many setting they have! Any info would be appreciated!!:beer:

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah you can still use your stock switches on new hand warmers... i put on the rsi hand warmers they cost me $40 i think

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to change my handle bars on my xp and I was wondering if I can still use the stock switches on new hand warmers? I don't want to do it if I can't still have those switches cause I like how many setting they have! Any info would be appreciated!!:beer:

depends on which handle bars. I have a 3.5" rise in my handle bars.... this is about maximum as the brake cable is not long enough in stock form. As well i left them motor cross wide, which is wider about 1-1.5" each side compared to the stockers.

Sledneck911

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I'm not worried about my brake line being too short I have a 8inche riser and I'm going to put a 6inche with some tapered bars! I was more worried about the hand warmers but if you say they will work off those switches I will throw on the new bars then!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can salvage the warmers. A little solvent, and patience, they come off easily. Spray 90 them back on and wrap with one layer of electrical tape and it's golden. Aluminum bars need the foam, don't forget.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aluminum bars soak up the heat and need insulation between the warmers and the bars to effectively warm your hands. BRP did this fix in 2008 to all their sleds. It's actually cork, not foam.. sorry.

Skidoo->2009->summit->800r->Steering wiring harness
PART # 27

Top Bottom