Question of the week

S

sldgy

tough one Snotty, if they are a parent already you can't take that away. but for 2 gays to adopt and raise a child, I say no. my biggest concern being that their "liberated" point of view also would apply to things such as partying, sex, drugs, and alcohol that would be seen as "normal" to an impressionable mind.

Women might be a little different, they are sometimes a bit smarter than dudes. my aunt is a carpet licker, and she's a doctor. I wouldn't have any problem with her adopting a kid.

yeah, it's a double standard. but you asked.....:d

I agree on the gay part of your comment but what the hell is wrong with sex, drugs and alcohol? Suppose you are down on rock and roll also.:beer::beer:

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lived in a number of places........from the ultra-conservative to the super gay places.

I have more respect for the openly gay than for the conservative establishment. Hypocrisy bothers me more than just about anything.

What I am trying to say is the our conservative establishment is FULL of "deviant" behavior. It has been seen time and time again. From the politicians to the catholic priests. These posers live a double life.

I would be willing to bet that the divorce (permanent seperation) rate is lower among gay couples than straight. As I am willing to bet that the incidents of domestic violence is lower in gay couples.

Do I choose to be a gay man......NO!
Do I respect a man or woman that lives their life with honesty and integrity......YES!

Gay or Straight...............these are not the important measures of a human being.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree on the gay part of your comment but what the hell is wrong with sex, drugs and alcohol? Suppose you are down on rock and roll also.:beer::beer:
not at all, but I try to keep it on the DL around the little ones, there's a time and place for that stuff....but not at home. well, except the rock and roll part....gotta keep them off the yanni and backstreet boys.....:beer:

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares whether it's fitting or not for two guys to raise children. What about the CHILDREN??????? The question should be is it fair for the children to be raised by two guys? Will they be mocked about it in school? Is it fair for them to see their two dads kissing and petting each other. How is that child really going to feel about his or her self being raised in a situation that is not accepted by society? Is that fair to the child?

The guy and his husband down the street from me have weekend access with one of there children and there is some effect on the child and how the other kids on the street treat him. I really don't think its right.
Its not fair to the child, I'm sure he loves his dad and all like all kids do.
Its not fair to the kid.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me that gays are getting married. I do have a problem with them adopting children. If gays want to adopt the child should be old enough to chose if he or she wants to be placed in a home and life style like that....12-14 years of age I think they have enough understanding weather to live under the same roof as a gay couple.

Top Bottom