Question of the week

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weeks show was on Gun Control and I started a thread on Should Canadians be Packing....This week Morgan Spurlocks show is asking the question....Should Gays and Lesbians be allowed to raise children?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last weeks show was on Gun Control and I started a thread on Should Canadians be Packing....This week Morgan Spurlocks show is asking the question....Should Gays and Lesbians be allowed to raise children?
Right wing Christian lunatics are allowed to.......Left wing communist athiests are allowed to.....People with criminal records aren't banned from having children. I read a signature on this site somewhere "Equal rights for all, special rights for none". Or something to that effect.........
You are such a sh!t disturber Terry.....:d:d:d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right wing Christian lunatics are allowed to.......Left wing communist athiests are allowed to.....People with criminal records aren't banned from having children. I read a signature on this site somewhere "Equal rights for all, special rights for none". Or something to that effect.........
You are such a sh!t disturber Terry.....:d:d:d
Mitch.....this is a legit show on T.V. ...Morgan Spurlock also produced the show Super Size me...a show about eating a Mcdonald only for 30 days.
I'am not making up these topics...I'am just transferring them to the site as a question.....I was a chit distruber in one incident and now you label me.:eek:
It's a good show.......every week a strong opponent to the topic has to live with and live the life of what he or she strongly opposes. Some shows make me change my mind and at the very least really make me reconsider.
Sick is always calling me a HillBilly and maybe he is right.......Because I think it's okay for a lesbian couple to raise a child...but not a Gay couple.....and I dont have the words to relay why I feel that way....I'll work on it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch.....this is a legit show on T.V. ...Morgan Spurlock also produced the show Super Size me...a show about eating a Mcdonald only for 30 days.
I'am not making up these topics...I'am just transferring them to the site as a question.....I was a chit distruber in one incident and now you label me.:eek:
It's a good show.......every week a strong opponent to the topic has to live with and live the life of what he or she strongly opposes. Some shows make me change my mind and at the very least really make me reconsider.
Sick is always calling me a HillBilly and maybe he is right.......Because I think it's okay for a lesbian couple to raise a child...but not a Gay couple.....and I dont have the words to relay why I feel that way....I'll work on it.
I watch that show all the time, you see the one where he and his girlfriend lived for a month in the inner city on minimum wage? A real eyeopener.
You're still a chit disturber.....:d:d:d

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well rocket that makes me a Hillbilly aswell and Im not entirely sure why i say that either.:cool:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to sit on the fence for this one. I will admit.... I support Gay marriage...... If both chicks are hot.:cool:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tough one Snotty, if they are a parent already you can't take that away. but for 2 gays to adopt and raise a child, I say no. my biggest concern being that their "liberated" point of view also would apply to things such as partying, sex, drugs, and alcohol that would be seen as "normal" to an impressionable mind.

Women might be a little different, they are sometimes a bit smarter than dudes. my aunt is a carpet licker, and she's a doctor. I wouldn't have any problem with her adopting a kid.

yeah, it's a double standard. but you asked.....:d

RevBlk

Reaction score
Is someone had me asked me this question 5 years ago I would have said NO. Now I say Why Not. Maybe I am getting mellow, maybe the anger management is working. IMO Government has no place in Canadian's bedrooms as long as they are adults. I must admit that I am less bothered by two females raising a child then I am by two males. I can't explain it. Now would I let my children go over to play?? I dunno. Probably.
Rev

DEVER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call this a liberal website site, but there are more open minds here than on other unnamed snowmobiling sites.

The big question in my mind is:

"What is best for the children?".

With that said, it literally becomes a house by house, home by home issue. Every child deserves to be raised with love, joy, and happiness. And Tolerance!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I had a girlfriend in high school whos mom, after 12 years of marriage to her husband, left him and began her life as a fur trader. Both daughters turned out alright. They were raised by mom and her "partner", and their dad was still part of their life as he lived a couple blocks away.

And yes..... both girls ended up straight.

I don't see a problem with it..... There are things every one is ok letting their kids see and not see growing up. As id goes for which prefered couple arrangement is acceptable for raising children, it's hard to give an opinion on that without expressing disapproval for what we do not understand.

To say that 2 women would be alright but you don't agree with 2 men raising kids is a biased opinion...... I hate turd burglars but that doesn't mean it's wrong for them to raise a kid. Saying that they would be bad, would be saying that were each of them in a straight relationship, they would be bad fathers.

Gotta admit tho...... 2 hot chicks showering together is awsome!!!!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
No they should not, a child would be subject to there views.
I'll take it one step further..... Should people with religious beliefs be allowed to raise children? Or would the children be subjected to their views and thereby unable to excersize their right to free choise?

I don't agree with religion, and I think forcing kids to attend church at early ages is wrong and misleading...... but does that make it wrong?

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who cares whether it's fitting or not for two guys to raise children. What about the CHILDREN??????? The question should be is it fair for the children to be raised by two guys? Will they be mocked about it in school? Is it fair for them to see their two dads kissing and petting each other. How is that child really going to feel about his or her self being raised in a situation that is not accepted by society? Is that fair to the child?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with snowdin,funny how this same question was raised about gay marriage 10 years ago now its just another part of life.With that said in ten years the adoption thing will go down the same road.I believe in a mother father and children,this to me defines a family.Life for children is getting tougher buy the year for children with a mother and father.This is throwing in a whole new page of issues.My opinion is what best for the children and that would be a mother and a father.
Sorry if I'm oldfashion but I disagree 100%
catmando!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take it one step further..... Should people with religious beliefs be allowed to raise children? Or would the children be subjected to their views and thereby unable to excersize their right to free choise?

I don't agree with religion, and I think forcing kids to attend church at early ages is wrong and misleading...... but does that make it wrong?
that's next week's question....Snotty is profiling us. this question may even illicit more of a response than the gun question did.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
that's next week's question....Snotty is profiling us. this question may even illicit more of a response than the gun question did.
Personally.... I think Snotty is trying the answer the call of the mid life crisis and is looking for the info needed to make the change...... If he goes gay like his body is telling him to, he wants to know if he can still raise the kids and if he needs to arm himself to protect his lover!!!!

It's OK Snotty....... We won't judge you for being a fag..... what ever it takes to live a peaceful life, homo.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Who needs Dr. Phil ??? :confused:

I think every situation needs to be looked at seperatley. If there are kids involved then there should be a third party profesional involved to help make the decision in the bestest interest of the children. I'm kind of an old school farmboy so I don't really support any gay chit in any way shape or form :d but thats just my opinion. Each to there own.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Who needs Dr. Phil ??? :confused:

I think every situation needs to be looked at seperatley. If there are kids involved then there should be a third party profesional involved to help make the decision in the bestest interest of the children. I'm kind of an old school farmboy so I don't really support any gay chit in any way shape or form :d but thats just my opinion. Each to there own.
Sum..... are you trying to tell me that you were neither one of the 2 guys I saw kissing this morning in Whitecourt?

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
but for 2 gays to adopt and raise a child, I say no. my biggest concern being that their "liberated" point of view also would apply to things such as partying, sex, drugs, and alcohol that would be seen as "normal" to an impressionable mind.

Teeroy you can't go by that because a lot of straight people think that kind of life is normal. Not all gay people live their lives like that.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy you can't go by that because a lot of straight people think that kind of life is normal. Not all gay people live their lives like that.
maybe not, but I'll bet it's proportionally higher than straight couples...more likely both adults in a gay relationship are "deviant" as compared to maybe one parent in a traditional relationship. I'll err on the side of caution

Top Bottom