question for yamaha guys

moto-ski

Reaction score
One of the local car dealers was advertising Pantera quads.So i go down too have a look and the sales staff tells me they are exactly the same as a yamaha only diff. is the plastics.Anyone have the scoup on these?Are they the same machine?Oh he also said they come out of the same plant.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the local car dealers was advertising Pantera quads.So i go down too have a look and the sales staff tells me they are exactly the same as a yamaha only diff. is the plastics.Anyone have the scoup on these?Are they the same machine?Oh he also said they come out of the same plant.

If it says Yamaha then its a yamaha if it doesnt then there not. We sell Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Suzuki. we also sell Motobishi (which is made by Tomoto) and if you look under the hood of a Pantera, it will likely have a Tomoto manufacturing label. not yamaha.

The units are copies of yamaha, and are similiar to yamaha and alot of the parts will fit , but not all.

I would question the "car salesmans knowledge" as he has not done his home work, Rhinos are assembled in the US, our Motobishi is made in china and shipped in a atv size crate, as is the 700 Motobishi atv. they are about 30 % cheaper, All in all there not a bad unit (motobishi) if we had to we could get alot of yamaha parts to fix them, but not all parts are "the same"

you can buy a
700 atv MOTOBISHI for 6500 w/winch/ mags, etc
500 sxs Motobishi for 6800 w/ winch/mags roof etc
700 sxs " for 7400 w/winch roof etc.

but they are not Yamaha

these would be ok for and we market them to acreage owners, family s
and lake toys,

I would not sell you one for beating threw the scag or as a work horse etc. so becareful what you are told.... allsales man are not alike...
any more questions feel free to ask.

Terry
Owner
T&T Power Sports Ltd
18 yrs in the business
no bs just the facts
:cool:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a Yamaha source that all the frames are made in the same plant in China. Same plant as the Rousch utv's as well,.. they my be assembled in the US, but 75% of the parts come from China

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy who bought a Midwest Rough Neck 500 a lot of stuff looks kind of like the old 660 Grizzly and some stuff similar to a 700 grizz but once again if it doesn't say Yamaha it sure as hell isn't I think you get what pay for and if you want quality Pay the exta for a real Yamaha.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a little experience with some of the Chinese brands. Most dealers don't seem to sell them for very long. Buy a few spare parts if you get one, because that should tell the story, there will probably be very limited availability. Then you will be buying Yamaha parts and trying to make them work. I had a guy come in the store after a starter relay for his Rhino "copy" because the dealer that sold it to him said you just get the parts from a Yamaha dealer, then he comes back wanting the wiring harness plug because nothing fits. Another customer had bought one elsewhere and told me about his grief with a fuel tank that was defective that the dealer couldn't get him a replacement for. Just consider them "throw aways" when they have problems, so you spend 6 or 7 thou on a unit and when it gives grief go get another, LOL. Might be OK if you are real mechanically inclined and can fab or modify parts yourself but you don't want to be paying a dealership labour to do that kind of work, most won't even take it on unless they sold it to you and are still selling it. Personally we sell Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki and keep our customers happy with products that have parts and service availability. Sure, I could make a few quick sales selling the Chinese "copies" but, food for thought....... "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" :eek:

moto-ski

Reaction score
Check out there site panterramotors.ca in Saskatoon.They sure claim to have the parts------

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a little experience with some of the Chinese brands. Most dealers don't seem to sell them for very long. Buy a few spare parts if you get one, because that should tell the story, there will probably be very limited availability. Then you will be buying Yamaha parts and trying to make them work. I had a guy come in the store after a starter relay for his Rhino "copy" because the dealer that sold it to him said you just get the parts from a Yamaha dealer, then he comes back wanting the wiring harness plug because nothing fits. Another customer had bought one elsewhere and told me about his grief with a fuel tank that was defective that the dealer couldn't get him a replacement for. Just consider them "throw aways" when they have problems, so you spend 6 or 7 thou on a unit and when it gives grief go get another, LOL. Might be OK if you are real mechanically inclined and can fab or modify parts yourself but you don't want to be paying a dealership labour to do that kind of work, most won't even take it on unless they sold it to you and are still selling it. Personally we sell Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki and keep our customers happy with products that have parts and service availability. Sure, I could make a few quick sales selling the Chinese "copies" but, food for thought....... "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" :eek:

This is very true, for the record, the all the brands that we sell we stand behind. You have to know that there is a reason that the units are several thousand cheaper, weather it be in lower qc on electrical or different plastic quality etc. The real test is the guy u buy from if u buy it from me i look after it, period.

Terry

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
If it says Yamaha then its a yamaha if it doesnt then there not. We sell Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Suzuki. we also sell Motobishi (which is made by Tomoto) and if you look under the hood of a Pantera, it will likely have a Tomoto manufacturing label. not yamaha.

The units are copies of yamaha, and are similiar to yamaha and alot of the parts will fit , but not all.

I would question the "car salesmans knowledge" as he has not done his home work, Rhinos are assembled in the US, our Motobishi is made in china and shipped in a atv size crate, as is the 700 Motobishi atv. they are about 30 % cheaper, All in all there not a bad unit (motobishi) if we had to we could get alot of yamaha parts to fix them, but not all parts are "the same"

you can buy a
700 atv MOTOBISHI for 6500 w/winch/ mags, etc
500 sxs Motobishi for 6800 w/ winch/mags roof etc
700 sxs " for 7400 w/winch roof etc.

but they are not Yamaha

these would be ok for and we market them to acreage owners, family s
and lake toys,

I would not sell you one for beating threw the scag or as a work horse etc. so becareful what you are told.... allsales man are not alike...
any more questions feel free to ask.

Terry
Owner
T&T Power Sports Ltd
18 yrs in the business
no bs just the facts
:cool:

A good buddy of mine bought a Motobishi 700, and at the begining we had a few electrical problems with the starter relay and the throttle cable but other than that its been rock solid. He bashes it pretty hard and we have put lots of aftermarkets on it including the xtreme 3" lift (with some modification) aluminum a-arm plates, bumpers, and doors (with some modification) and a pipe off a 660 rhino. It seems like lots of the stuff is close but it is never exactly the same. If you dont mind tinkering I think they are a heck of a deal, for the money you save I wouldn't be scared of buying one at all.

Attachments

• 6332_264983310462_866220462_8742256_5995250_n.jpg
    6332_264983310462_866220462_8742256_5995250_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom