question for the supercharger guys out there

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i like to build a 350 or 383 stroker with a 6 71 or an 8 71 blower what is a good compression ratio to start 8 to 1 is a good start ???? i know every 1000rpm u gain a ratio so 6000 rpm would be 13 to 1 correct me if iam wrong thanks colin :d:d:d:d IF IT ISNT FAST IT AINT FUN

Attachments

• BLOWER_KIT_2MS_002.jpg
    BLOWER_KIT_2MS_002.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 91
  • BDS_Blower_Motor_color.jpg
    BDS_Blower_Motor_color.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Depends how hard and how often you're going to hit it, and whether you run under drive or over drive pulleys. I'm planning to build another blower motor sometime soon and like 7.5:1 mill pressed pistons so that they can withstand some abuse. Some guys run 8:1 and higher but I like a lower compression and real good quality parts so it stands up to some serious use.

Choose the right crank, rods, camshaft and heads and you can build some serious fun with a 671. The 8 series is a little big for a small block and belongs on a big block in my humble opinion. In either case, they are lots of fun when you set them up right.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well it looks like if i start with 8 to 1 with 8 pounds of boost i will be at 12.2 ratio still good for pump gas they dont like going over 12.5 for pump gas :d well thats what bds blower drives are telling me

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well it looks like if i start with 8 to 1 with 8 pounds of boost i will be at 12.2 ratio still good for pump gas they dont like going over 12.5 for pump gas :d well thats what bds blower drives are telling me

sounds about right..........usually run stp gas treatment for extra lubrication inside the jimmy huffers, and lets them run pump gas at 12.2....... Jus' sayin' as its a little known trick

Top Bottom