Question for race car guys

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back in the day I had a tubbed out Duster...it was pro-street before pro-street was invented. (street driving with aluminum floors, tubs, slicks back in the 80's) Anyways, I went to the track a few times so I am/was familiar with the old rules. Sold my car to a guy in Indiana in 2002 or 2003 and regretted it ever since. Looking at reliving my glory days (LOL) and saw this rig on Kijiji. It's very similar to my old car (mine was quite a bit cleaner...but hey, it's a good starting point). The question I have is around his claim of "low 10's". The picture of the rear wheels/lug nuts strikes me as wrong. Seems to me the old NHRA rules were that open-ended lug nuts with long studs were required....leads me to think there's some BS in this ad. What cha'll think?

1970 PLYMOUTH DUSTER DRAG CAR | classic cars | Edmonton | Kijiji

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be street-legal....my old one HATED mufflers (tunnel ram), but I street drove it all the time.

Attachments

• Car2.jpg
    Car2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 179
  • Car4.jpg
    Car4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Car1.jpg
    Car1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 174

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 gal tank in it. I bet you could only get 15-20miles on a tank lol. Nice car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw the Dodge stuff, go buy Gotboosts blower car. Come to the GM side, we have cookies.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta admit that's a horny duster. Might have to go peek at it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw the Dodge stuff, go buy Gotboosts blower car. Come to the GM side, we have cookies.

There has been a case of a guy switching sides here on snow and mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks DRD I am keeping it the nova aka The Mistress is going under the knife getting a phat ass on it stuffing 325/50 15 under her

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the owner of the Dustpan in the ad today....he sent me a vid of it running 10.56/129 in Edmonton, foot brakin. (the pics in this thread are of my old car BTW) He says while not street legal now, not a big deal to get it back. I am thinkin hard.....I just wish I didn't have to worry about whether or not I'll be working next week/month.....

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that car in the westlock area? The ad has been pulled looks and sounds like my uncles duster he was planning on selling

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom