Question about staging areas at Cataract and Etherington

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok i got this stuck in my head that i need to go camping(RVing) since it looks like a nice weekend coming up. Thought well why not go to Cataract or Etherington staging area and bring the sleds as well.Have a nice trail ride and take the girlfriend out and go south on the trails.

For the question. Can anyone recall if there are fire pits just off of the parking area? Not the cook shack. Would be nice to have a fire. I always thought there were a few at the Etherington but i could be wrong.

Thanks Darrell:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually stage at cat and i dont remember seeing them there. but i went by the Etherington area pretty fast a couple of weeks ago and thought i saw some there. its always worth a shot to go for the day with a back up plan for food with the family

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, there are some at the etherington staging area. i'm pretty sure there are some at the cataract staging area too. i think, actually i'm pretty sure, that the ones in the cataract staging area are closer to the parking lot than the ones in etherington.

in cataract, they are behind the cook house, and there are more right beside the outhouses.

the ones in etherington are in the woods by the cook house and are a bit of a walk (or a short ride).

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
yes, there are some at the etherington staging area. i'm pretty sure there are some at the cataract staging area too. i think, actually i'm pretty sure, that the ones in the cataract staging area are closer to the parking lot than the ones in etherington.

in cataract, they are behind the cook house, and there are more right beside the outhouses.

the ones in etherington are in the woods by the cook house and are a bit of a walk (or a short ride).

Thanks SummitX.I am sure i have see some there befor to but wasnt 100% sure as im always in a hurry to go ride. This weekend would be more like take it easy.I would think that the Cataract staging area would be the best at this point due to the warm weather and going south on the trails.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw at etherington last weekend.....right at the parking lot.. not far from the biffy..some folks were frying burgers.....picnic table too

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I saw at etherington last weekend.....right at the parking lot.. not far from the biffy..some folks were frying burgers.....picnic table too

Thanks heikki. I think i will check out the Cataract staging area. It is closer to the south trails.If im not happy with that ill go to Etherington.Im pretty pumped to go.I already went and picked up the 5th wheel.Hopefully no blizzards come threw on the weekend out there(but the snow would be nice). Would suck to B train out of there i would think.

:beer::beer::beer:

Hirmkin

Reaction score
There's one on the east side just south of the outhouse's in Etherington right next to the parking lot. I know there's another one on the west side of the lot as well north of the outhouse's.

Top Bottom