Question about ski-doo 800 engine

mikey11

Reaction score
What are the red dials for on the front of the engine block?

I have a'03 summit 800 H.O. and was wondering about them...

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am assuming you mean the red part of the cap on the rave valves?
they aren't dials, just a cover for the various parts of the variable exhaust.:beer:

Attachments

• 140CAJMVZP7.jpg
    140CAJMVZP7.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 148

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is a red center that sits infront of a platic black basket looking thing on the front of your cylinders that you are talking about then it sounds like you are reffering to the Rave valve caps. (vacuum controled exhaust ports)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am assuming you mean the red part of the cap on the rave valves?
they aren't dials, just a cover for the various parts of the variable exhaust.:beer:

I always thought the caps were for controlling the amount the rave valves open on the pre-powertec motors such as the 03 as these caps are threaded and can be turned in or out. Just can't remember which way gives you more top or bottom end power. Hence the origin of the name Rotax Ajustable Variable Exhaust. But hey, I could be wrong.:confused: Call a dealer and speak to a real mecanic.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always thought the caps were for controlling the amount the rave valves open on the pre-powertec motors such as the 03 as these caps are threaded and can be turned in or out. Just can't remember which way gives you more top or bottom end power. Hence the origin of the name Rotax Ajustable Variable Exhaust. But hey, I could be wrong.:confused: Call a dealer and speak to a real mecanic.

Yes you can adjust them on those sleds.

If you were to screw them in (add spring pressure) would result in the rave opening later increasing bottom end.

Should mention you would turn them out at higher elevation to have the Rave out so it requires less pressure to open them.

Top Bottom