Quading North of Nordegg

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the area North of Nordegg on the Trunk Road? I want to random camp.I have been south of the minesite and to Baldy Mtn. But this weekend we are going North.Any tips?????

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have camped at the Snow Creek campsite. From there there is some riding to the north.
From the group area head north along trails. there is one cutline that heads north for a loong ways

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you stay off any numbered road you can get a ticket for that. $230 worth. :nono: If you check out the tourist info center they have maps of the area and stay on the marked trails. Enjoy your weekend:D

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Make sure you stay off any numbered road you can get a ticket for that. $230 worth. :nono: If you check out the tourist info center they have maps of the area and stay on the marked trails. Enjoy your weekend:D

By mumbered road you mean a loging road with the Little yellow or whatever color numbers on posts by the side of the road,Or a road that tells you what radio frequency to talk on. ,,,,,,I have never rode on one of those before.lol. Is there a story behind the 230.00 ticket?

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By mumbered road you mean a loging road with the Little yellow or whatever color numbers on posts by the side of the road,Or a road that tells you what radio frequency to talk on. ,,,,,,I have never rode on one of those before.lol. Is there a story behind the 230.00 ticket?

Any numbered road Highway 1, Secondary 524, anything that has a number with it, logging roads are usually private roads but not always. And for the $230 ticket I took my daughter into Nordegg (which you are allowed to ride in) but when I left I came to the highway and proceeded down it for 50 ft before turning into the ditch and forestry/county man came over the small hill and that was that. Most expensive ice cream ever for me:(

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You can go north of Nordegg to the Blackstone River and Random camp there. Great quading there. You can also go north of Nordegg to the South Chungo Road, head west there for 17 km and Random camp anywhere there, awsome sites and great biking. I try and make it out there at least once a year for a ride.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Roughly How far north on the trunk road is it to the south chungo road? Sounds like a great spot.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
From Nordegg follow hwy #11 west for about 2 kms to the forestry trunk road, take a right on the trunk road and go north for about 12 kms. There is a big green sign saying "South Chungo" take a left there and follow to the Chungo camp ground (about 15-17 kms) There are tons of awsome random camping spots near real nice streams and rivers. Great fishing and quading. Watch out for the odd grizzly and I don't mean the slow ones that are always in your way on the trail, I mean the GRRRR kind. There is also an outfit out near the Chungo campground called "Chungo Outfitters" They rent horses and give guided tours of the area.

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Medler I have your 12ga. and slugs for the grrrs. just in case. I have been working out so I just have to be a bit faster than you while I run away from the bears lol. I imagine we can run faster scared than they can hungery with crap in their eyes!

Top Bottom