Quadding

CowboyBob

Reaction score
I am new to quadding and live in Devon, does anyone know a good place to ride and not have the cops after you ?

Thanks

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am new to quadding and live in Devon, does anyone know a good place to ride and not have the cops after you ?

Thanks

not close to Devon or Leduc.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some trails around Alberta Beach which are publically accessible, but I'm not super familiar with them and have trouble figuring out what's public and what's private. The club out there has also started to break trails out by Stranger Hills.

The trails at the Brazeau Dam are only about an hour away from you and so are the Long Island Lake trails just north of Westlok.

LeinaD

Reaction score
There are some trails around Alberta Beach which are publically accessible, but I'm not super familiar with them and have trouble figuring out what's public and what's private. The club out there has also started to break trails out by Stranger Hills.

The trails at the Brazeau Dam are only about an hour away from you and so are the Long Island Lake trails just north of Westlok.

I was at the brazeau dam once unloaded right after the dam couldn't find any good trail?? Am I blind ?? The spillway is all signed up no atvs, past the damn there where some power line wide cut lines nothing really interesting..... Am I missing something? Oh I also went north of the dam a was and to the left, west, went in a ways and another saying saying no atvs ??

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the brazeau dam once unloaded right after the dam couldn't find any good trail?? Am I blind ?? The spillway is all signed up no atvs, past the damn there where some power line wide cut lines nothing really interesting..... Am I missing something? Oh I also went north of the dam a was and to the left, west, went in a ways and another saying saying no atvs ??

Trails are on the North side of the dam and go west..

LeinaD

Reaction score
Trails are on the North side of the dam and go west..

Hmmm I went that way, north of the dam, went west on road there was a clearing and people camped right by the main highway. Went in a ways past a pretty chewed up section, downs a way more and then a sign in the middle the transatla no atv sign it almost looked like it was saying you only couldn't go on the left of it there was a nice path going straight past it but I wasn't sure so I didn't go...... But maybe I'm not even talking about the right area ... *scratches head* maybe I had to go more north ?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I went that way, north of the dam, went west on road there was a clearing and people camped right by the main highway. Went in a ways past a pretty chewed up section, downs a way more and then a sign in the middle the transatla no atv sign it almost looked like it was saying you only couldn't go on the left of it there was a nice path going straight past it but I wasn't sure so I didn't go...... But maybe I'm not even talking about the right area ... *scratches head* maybe I had to go more north ?

I know the area. Unless in the last year new roads got added. On the north side of the dam. You will see a cleaning along the hi way. From that clearing it enters another. Take the trail north and west. Then it goes south then west again into a sandy hill area. From that spot it goes south to a creek..

LeinaD

Reaction score
I know the area. Unless in the last year new roads got added. On the north side of the dam. You will see a cleaning along the hi way. From that clearing it enters another. Take the trail north and west. Then it goes south then west again into a sandy hill area. From that spot it goes south to a creek..

Hmmmmm I wish someone had this trail head pinned on a map.... I'm not sure which clearing you speak of, is it immediately north of the damn, the spot I was referring too is a ways north up the road... But I recall there being clearings on the west side of the highway closer to the damn no roads or anything going into them or anything... Maybe I missed the trail....

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm I wish someone had this trail head pinned on a map.... I'm not sure which clearing you speak of, is it immediately north of the damn, the spot I was referring too is a ways north up the road... But I recall there being clearings on the west side of the highway closer to the damn no roads or anything going into them or anything... Maybe I missed the trail....

Wil have to show you in the spring...

Top Bottom