Quadding in Valemount

PBNFLD

Reaction score
To anyone who has been thinking of taking a trip to Valemount to go quadding, I reccomend that you go for it. Me and my girlfriend spent last weekend riding there and it was awesome! We rode up Canoe Mountain on the Sea to Sky trail, and did a bunch of riding in the Kinbasket lake area. Beautiful scenery and nice trail conditions. It was pretty cool to reach that kind of elevation up Canoe Mountain on an ATV. Now if your looking for lots of mud, Valemount is not your place. As for lodging, we stayed at Willow Burl Cabin's. Awesome little cabins, SUPER clean and very well built. Easy to tell alot of effort went into building them. My next trip to Valemount will be on a sled, but I will definatly be back for another ATV weekend. Good Times!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 501

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Looks like a nice place to go. What kinda skill level does a person need to ride there as the wife isn't that skillful on a quad? And it looks like a place I'd like to ride.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to take a beginner up there. Most of the trails listed on the VARDA site will take you to beautiful places, however most of them are just forestry trunk roads. In fact, one of the most beautiful trails I've ever been on is the Ptarmigan which was impassible the last time I went. I definitely don't regret going there but will probably not go again unless a local invites me up to do some trail (not road) riding.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is all good info My wife and I ,and another family was just talking about doing a week up there next summer,but I do want some off road riding too as whoDEANie mentioned maybe better find a local to go with?Cheers Thanks for sharing those awesome pics

PBNFLD

Reaction score
Nice pics. Looks like a nice place to go. What kinda skill level does a person need to ride there as the wife isn't that skillful on a quad? And it looks like a place I'd like to ride.

Yeah definatly don't hesitate to take your wife to valemount if they are a beginner. They will not have any trouble and will love the scenery. My girlfriend absolutly loved it! Be sure she packs a jacket when going up to the top of Canoe mountain. It gets kinda chilly at 8000 feet haha!

dooman1

Reaction score
Im interested in going there as well. Im planning a trip in late july I think. Looks like fun.

JDisco

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is maps of the trails in Vale? Iam assuming there is different staging areas for quading just like the sleds. How are the conditions at the end of May for there?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is maps of the trails in Vale? Iam assuming there is different staging areas for quading just like the sleds. How are the conditions at the end of May for there?

I would contact Curtis at VARDA, if anyone would have maps it would be VARDA.

Top Bottom