quad tires

chesapeake

Reaction score
I have the biased ply mud lites on my 2005 Yamaha Kodiak and this weekend first ride on Friday riding some rocky gullies I tore one of the lugs off of a back tire. For anyone who rode the Atlas last weekend and stopped to try and blow my tire up with their electric compressor it was not the compressor just the hole was too big. So I rode home on a flat tire and that was it for the weekend. So now I am searching for new all terrain tires that are not so grabby on rocky trails and not so rough riding. There has been many times climbing a steep hill the front mud lites would grab and send me sideways. Does anyone have a tire in mind a radial tire that is good all around and not so grabby on the rocky ridges.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Maxis Bighorns great on rocks and hard pack but only fair in mud. I ride in the mountains quite often and find these to be good tires for that type of terrain a pretty good all around tire. I have also heard ITP Teracross are good as well but have not tried them myself. Of course if you ride in a lot of skeg these tires would not be the right choice.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenda Bearclaws always served me well. Don't remember if their radial or bias but they're definitely tough, ride smooth and have good all around traction. They also wear like iron. I had the old style but the new ones (HTR?) Don't look too different

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bear claws are now made both ways now .
On one old quad we had we got 8000 miles out of a set of bear claws , non radial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bear claws on sports quad forsure, any thing else well
They don't have the face lug like most do, and had a good side bite lug ( except the new version)

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a kodiak 26" mud bugs are the best, hard rubber lasts forever.about $580 installed at rapid revolutions

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys don't like the mud bugs for steering. If you look at the tread pattern when the tires are turned you will see what I am talking about. The one tread is also strait that allows it to slide instead of turning. I like the looks of the Blackwaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren't Blackwater Evolutions heavy duty UTV tires probably good on a big Can-Am or Polaris but might be a bit heavy for a Kodiac 450

cementfist27

Reaction score
They are an 8-Ply Radial with an extremely reasonable weight. I do run the 30" version on my maverick. In comparison to the 32" Silverbacks I used to run or even the 30" 'backs on my Renegade, they are way lighter!

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evos are supposed to be great when new but when almost buying a set I was told they wear pretty quickly and once that starts they really lose their high end performance. Went with pitbull tires and they are great and ride smooth but they might be heavier than you'd want on an atv

Top Bottom