Purchasing a holiday trailer out of the states

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serious looking at buying new fifth wheel out of the States. There pricing is close to $18,000 in savings with delivery to sweet grass Montana and they offer nationwide warranty across Canada and the states they also won't sell you the trailer if there isn't a nationwide dealer to support you in your area. Also will build the trailer the way you want. I just wondering if anyone has done this and could give some personal experience. Don't get me wrong I'm about supporting are Canadian stores but that's HUGE savings.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought our Cyclone from Lakeshore RV a few years ago. (back when there were huge savings)
Lakeshore and Wholesale had the best prices by far - we saved a truck full of coin. Lots of Texans buy trailers from these two places as well - it's worth their drive they say.
It was super easy. Good luck.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2015 sandpiper 380. Loaded up mostly the way I want and it is $64k plus tax & that doesn't include the slide out awnings ...... out of RV wholesales $41k plus $3000 shipping and that's exactly how I want. Then I just pay the tax at the boarder.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My enclosed sled trailer is scheduled to be built later this month at the Michigan factory. I'll know more about bringing them to our door in about a month.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2015 sandpiper 380. Loaded up mostly the way I want and it is $64k plus tax & that doesn't include the slide out awnings ...... out of RV wholesales $41k plus $3000 shipping and that's exactly how I want. Then I just pay the tax at the boarder.

Bought my Jayco from RV Direct. Drove down to Des Moines and picked it up. They had all the paperwork done. Payed the GST at the border and life is good. Had an issue with the rubber on the roof coming off as I was coming home from Des Moines. Called the dealership and they said that it too far for me to turn around and come back and just to take it to my nearest Jayco dealer and they will look after it. Nearest dealers gave me the no warrantee if not bought in Canada bull ****. Called Jayco Directly and they said to take it to an independent RV repair shop and they will deal with it. Took it to Advantage RV, gave them my Contact at Jayco and They took care of everything.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really simple. 10 minutes at the border and you're on your way. I've done it many times. Vehicles, trailers, atv's etc. brought a trailer across in December. They didn't even look at it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
summit, you have to submit paperwork to border crossing 24 hours ahead of time, don't you?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
summit, you have to submit paperwork to border crossing 24 hours ahead of time, don't you?

Everything you need to know is on RIV.CA

The paperwork having to be submitted to the border thing is for motor vehicles.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from RVwholesalers.com also and it was an awesome experiance. I also got mine shipped to the boarder and picked it up. Just pay your taxes at the boarder, take it to Canadian Tire to get your Form 2 so you can register it and thats it. I've had my trailer for 4 years zero issues.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would be a good place to shop for a 35' to 36' class A bunk model motorhome? Thinking about selling the toy hauler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are looking at used go to crazyape.com We bought our Class A in Feb and all went well. Great deals!

Where would be a good place to shop for a 35' to 36' class A bunk model motorhome? Thinking about selling the toy hauler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom