Pull the trigger and bought the KTM

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Bought the 09 250 XCW today and couldn't be happier. It's in great shape, broken in well and has new plastic, tires and original pipe reinstalled. It has 27 hours on it and 508klm so not a bad deal at all, and a great price too. He included a set of Bark Busters, Renthal Fat Bars and I'll pick up a skid plate and pipe in the next week. Here's a picture and by the guess of my Harley Garage theme, you can probably guess that I am an Orange and Black kinda guy. (lol)

Love this thing and the happy button rocks! Now to buy all new motocross gear and get out for a ride!

Attachments

• 250-XCW.jpg
    250-XCW.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 51

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the 09 250 XCW today and couldn't be happier. It's in great shape, broken in well and has new plastic, tires and original pipe reinstalled. It has 27 hours on it and 508klm so not a bad deal at all, and a great price too. He included a set of Bark Busters, Renthal Fat Bars and I'll pick up a skid plate and pipe in the next week. Here's a picture and by the guess of my Harley Garage theme, you can probably guess that I am an Orange and Black kinda guy. (lol)

Love this thing and the happy button rocks! Now to buy all new motocross gear and get out for a ride!

welcome to the ktm klan

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice new whip.

Another RMDRA member. haha. I was tempted with that bike because mine is... well used.

Careful of the frozen ground! Conditions are still to be cautious.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Talked to the seller a few times before heading out to look at it today and he was a cool cat. He rides west of Cochrane a lot and I'll likely hook up with them a time or two so I can get to know the area better. Same holds true with MacLean and the Wednesday night rides. Yes to the RMDRA thing too! :)

Gotta buy some gear this week and hope to take it out to the track soon for some testing.

xcrider

Reaction score
GasCan, sweeeeeeeeeet ride, judging by your list of goodies you got going there, the only thing sweetier would be, is to add an arctic cat to the list :)
you gotta take that black GM and add some orange fender flares and look out!!
Can you show us a full picture of that GM with the bike in it?? It's what I think I see in my dreams!!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wiaprous?

Just be familiar with trail closures.

RMDRA meetings are every first thursday of the month. Ie, tomorrow. Good chance to meet some of the guys and see what our club is about and what we do to protect riding areas. Lots of stuff going on.

Check out motokuhl.com. I think for awhile Joe is still operating and get wicked deals on gear. It's older stock but still really good and cheap.

Have fun. I'd be curious to see how you like the suspension on the track. I haven't had my XC there, but from everything I hear the XC-W is vavled much different (diff fork construction)

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Wiaprous?

Just be familiar with trail closures.

RMDRA meetings are every first thursday of the month. Ie, tomorrow. Good chance to meet some of the guys and see what our club is about and what we do to protect riding areas. Lots of stuff going on.

Check out motokuhl.com. I think for awhile Joe is still operating and get wicked deals on gear. It's older stock but still really good and cheap.

Have fun. I'd be curious to see how you like the suspension on the track. I haven't had my XC there, but from everything I hear the XC-W is vavled much different (diff fork construction)

Guy I bought it from said he liked the woods setup on the track. He'd turn it up 3 clicks front and back and said it worked great for him. Bought some gear today and hope to get a ride or two in this weekend.

Might check the meeting out tonight.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice ride! Welcome to the Orange club.. hehe. You should bring it to the Jamboree!!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Got the bike out to the track yesterday and had a blast. Lap times weren't stellar but they did pick up as the day went on. Thought I was still in decent enough shape but found out today that I still have some muscle groups to work on. I'm a little sore right now but will get back out again soon.

Speederz

Reaction score
Nice bike! Diggin' the colors.

Any other pics of your HD themed garage?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Got a couple toys for the bike this week, but now I gotta find time to get over to my bud's warehouse and put them on. Picked up a Scorpion skid plate, rad guards, hand guards, light kit, and a new pipe. Time to get it ready for the bush.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, KTM's are lookin to be gettin pretty popular on this site as far as dirtbikes go... we're gonna have to start a KTM club!! haha.. or atleast get a KTM clan ride arranged sometime:d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, KTM's are lookin to be gettin pretty popular on this site as far as dirtbikes go... we're gonna have to start a KTM club!! haha.. or atleast get a KTM clan ride arranged sometime:d

:rolleyes: :nono:

We don't need anymore KTM bandwagon jumpers. Too many think if they get a KTM they'll be a good rider.

I have duct tape on my katoom so I know which one mine is already :) . Actually I just look for the one that's not shiney and covered in orange anodized parts and parked beside a KTM decaled trialer and truck...

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: :nono:

We don't need anymore KTM bandwagon jumpers. Too many think if they get a KTM they'll be a good rider.

I have duct tape on my katoom so I know which one mine is already :) . Actually I just look for the one that's not shiney and covered in orange anodized parts and parked beside a KTM decaled trialer and truck...

Or...maybe people buy KTM's because they are coolest, most bad a$$ looking and diverse brand of bike on the market...:p

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I definitely think that KTM's got a lot going for them besides cost...they are definitely $$$ but worth it! They have some of the nicest stock graphics, and they make so many different bikes..they have a bike for EVERYONE! Literally. The only thing they don't have...yet, is a 4 stroke 100-150 cc trail/race bike. The competition would be the Honda CRF150 and CRF150R. Now all they gotta do is start pumping out some sleds and they will have it all! lol

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Well it's pretty much finished now. Bush proof with CRM hand guards, Scorpion skid plate, Scorpion rad guards, Gnarly pipe, Headlamp and Tail Light. Gonna do some riding this weekend and maybe a few more turns at the track. All I have left to do is add the Jagermeister Graphics set with an FMF TurbineCore II and it's complete.

Attachments

• Plates.jpg
    Plates.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Headlamp.jpg
    Headlamp.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 33

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are doing graphics I'd keep the stock plastic stock and put the graphics on aftermarket stuff.

Helps with resale.

Top Bottom