Pucking airlines!

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So at what point dose the pubic rebel and set fire to the airports?
it our choice to fly but can’t these jackass airlines get it together.
Wife flue out last Saturday and was super late getting to her destination and missed the connecting flight because air traffic was affected by a helicopter filming nascar in phoenix.
one week later she is returning and now missed her connecting flight home from phoenix because they were held up with a late departure flight. Some bullsh$t about a security issue.

Airline just told her not our problem and won’t comp a room for the night as the next available flight is tomorrow at 11am.
no wounder airlines need so much security, one day there really going to push people to far.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What airline?

American Airlines. Douch bags gave her a voucher with no money applied to it?..she kindly gave it back....guess the whole dam plane missed connected flights and there was just about a riot.
Not our problem they were told and didn’t provide any compensation.
Perhaps a Letter from my lawyer will jog there memory to peoples rights.
We love to travel but every year flying is getting worse and worse to deal with.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont like flying anymore when the connecting flight is the same day
too often they cancel flights and delay shsite
never there fault lol

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Book your travel on cc with travel interruption insurance ....

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Book your travel on cc with travel interruption insurance ....

Here’s another scam. Been there and there all the same, I’m tired of buying things that don’t work, you need a few days off just to read the fine print because in the end it’s never there fault or it takes months to get anything back.
Cant they just do there job and stop screwing joe public.
looking at heading to Ireland this spring but now Im dreading having to deal with the flight.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some bullsh$t about a security issue

What was the issue? How do you know it was BS??

If there was a security issue on a flight I was on I would hope they would resolve it rather than ignore it even if it means getting home late, beats not getting home at all.

But agree the helicopter bit would piss me off too, that was totally foreseeable. Does anybody even watch NASCAR anymore?

I would make a complaint against the airline for that, that IS their fault, they had to of known about it in advance. Even if you only get a small voucher it's better than nothing.

You should totally sic your Lawyer on them, that would be money well spent :d

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If there was a security issue on a flight I was on I would hope they would resolve it rather than ignore it even if it means getting home late, beats not getting home at all.

But agree the helicopter bit would piss me off too, that was totally foreseeable. Does anybody even watch NASCAR anymore?

I would make a complaint against the airline for that, that IS their fault, they had to of known about it in advance. Even if you only get a small voucher it's better than nothing.

Yah 9 times out of 10 it’s someone smuggling a kit Kat onto the plane because they didn’t pay $7 for the one inside the main chamber. As far as having a professional letter sent by a lawyer vs. some Radom guy shooting his mouth off makes more sense to me.
Sometimes it’s not about the money it’s the principle of it. I’m sure someone that deals with hanging people up to dry everyday will get better results then someone that cuts trees down.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly a fair bit for work and the airlines have been using the "security" excuse more and more as they know most people prefer to fly with a piece of mind so won't make too much noise but I am seeing a pattern on this for a few years now. Or Westjet's favourite excuse is some maintenance issue. 4 flights in 2 months that was their excuse. In my way of thinking a "maintenance issue" is something that should be fixed on the next scheduled maintenance visit and not when we are supposed to be in the air flying. Now if it was a repair issue different story.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A.airlines.... need to say no more. The worst!

American Airlines. Douch bags gave her a voucher with no money applied to it?..she kindly gave it back....guess the whole dam plane missed connected flights and there was just about a riot.
Not our problem they were told and didn’t provide any compensation.
Perhaps a Letter from my lawyer will jog there memory to peoples rights.
We love to travel but every year flying is getting worse and worse to deal with.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly a fair bit for work and the airlines have been using the "security" excuse more and more as they know most people prefer to fly with a piece of mind so won't make too much noise but I am seeing a pattern on this for a few years now. Or Westjet's favourite excuse is some maintenance issue. 4 flights in 2 months that was their excuse. In my way of thinking a "maintenance issue" is something that should be fixed on the next scheduled maintenance visit and not when we are supposed to be in the air flying. Now if it was a repair issue different story.

I’m pretty sure “maintenance issue” is code for repairs, I’m pretty ok with them fixing the plane before flight. lol

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would start with an official complaint to the airline that was held up by the helicopter, the airline most certainly would of known about that in advance, that is 100% on them. Maybe an official complaint to the airport as well. If you get no satisfaction go up the ladder to the FAA. I'm with ya on being upset over that, who wouldn't be?

As for the security issue, without knowing for sure what the issue was is purely speculative if it's BS or not but if they are holding up a plane over it I doubt it was over a chocolate bar.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree but, if its a mainainence issue, I want it remedied before we're at 30000 and the **** hits the fan. Delays are understandable.
We carry passengers on the marine side and anytime an issue presents we deal with it dockside asap - could be a fuel issue, electical issue, etc all which have potential to cause major issues while underway so we'll fix before the next departure.

Granted, much of the security routine is for show. Until everyone travels naked and without luggage there will be delays.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but maintenance is maintenance and repair is repair. Look at this way, when you are sledding, do you perform maintenance up in the mountain or leave that for the garage and repair if you cant move forward? :beer:

I’m pretty sure “maintenance issue” is code for repairs, I’m pretty ok with them fixing the plane before flight. lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Until everyone travels naked and without luggage there will be delays.

I wonder if the after flight "seat wiper" job would pay more?[/QUOTE]

Is it Union??

Reactions: BEL

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree but maintenance is maintenance and repair is repair. Look at this way, when you are sledding, do you perform maintenance up in the mountain or leave that for the garage and repair if you cant move forward? :beer:

I understand that, but most of these planes land, refuel, then take off again. Whenever they say they’re doing “maintenance” I’m pretty sure it means they found an issue on the pre flight checklist, or on an inflight checklist that needs to be rectified, and I’d rather have it fixed on the ground than a failure in the air.

And, what do you mean do maintenance on a sled?? lol

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good point. I just think they are using these excuses way too easily I guess.

As for sled maintenance, you mean you don't have a daily, weekly and monthly scheduled maintenance program written with check list??? ;)

I understand that, but most of these planes land, refuel, then take off again. Whenever they say they’re doing “maintenance” I’m pretty sure it means they found an issue on the pre flight checklist, or on an inflight checklist that needs to be rectified, and I’d rather have it fixed on the ground than a failure in the air.

And, what do you mean do maintenance on a sled?? lol

Reactions: BEL
Top Bottom