PTek XP leaking oil.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my new xp sitting in the shop for a couple weeks now, and today I noticed a small puddle of injection oil under the machine. It's dripping from the left side at the rear of the skid plate. Can't seem to see where the leak is exactly. Not sure how long its been dripping but I just topped the oil tank up yesterday right to the neck...possible I overfilled it and this is just where the overflow dumps out, or do I have a bigger problem here? Thanks for the help.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my new xp sitting in the shop for a couple weeks now, and today I noticed a small puddle of injection oil under the machine. It's dripping from the left side at the rear of the skid plate. Can't seem to see where the leak is exactly. Not sure how long its been dripping but I just topped the oil tank up yesterday right to the neck...possible I overfilled it and this is just where the overflow dumps out, or do I have a bigger problem here? Thanks for the help.

huh chitty.... guess that could have been my oil leaker eh.... lol

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet one of ur injection lines has a pin hole,look n see if there are any air bubbles in line,,,when i bought my 08 it had just got a new a new motor installed by our local doo dealer n ,they either put the hole in it or didnt notice it..

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Closer inspection revealed a tube coming out of the top of the oil tank at the back of it next to the rewind mount that's full of oil...seems like it might be an overflow/vent line since its coming out of the top of the tank. I'm thinking I just overfilled it. I've got a few days before my next ride I'll keep an eye on it and see if it continues to leak, if so I'll investigate further.

ONETON

Reaction score
Was out twice so far this year, and both times filled the oil right up and noticed oil leaking ! Found the o-ring inside the the cap was damaged, looking into the alum, insert for a better seal. check out that o-ring . Hope this helps.

fountaintirexp

Reaction score
Website
www.fountaintire.com
hope its not the same as mine. Turned out to be the oil pump itself, had to re-seal the o-ring on the end of the pump where the line from the tank goes in and replace both injection lines due to age (they were hard and cracking). Of course this was after pulling the motor.

nielsy

Reaction score
check in front of ecm if it's oily and on top of the mag cover if it's oily in those spots the oiltank is overfull if you loose the lid then no more will run out

newfiebullet

Reaction score
Yep leaking through ur cap, top of oil tanj gets distorted with all the heat. There is an aluminum insert you can buy to put in and it returns to oridinal shape.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep leaking through ur cap, top of oil tanj gets distorted with all the heat. There is an aluminum insert you can buy to put in and it returns to oridinal shape.

Could be it. Got mine from teth-air on here. Works like a charm.

Nitro800

Reaction score

Definately sounds like the tank is over filled. The overflow that comes out of the top of the tank is tied up above the motor. When the oil warms up and expands it pushes out this hose and make a heck of a mess on the motor. I made the same mistake. Dont fill the take past the top corner and problem solved,.

johnnie160

Reaction score
my oil tank was rubbing on my jackshaft and got a crack in it....just something else to check

Top Bottom