prowler versus rhino 700 units?

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which is better over all for value and reliablitey? want to plow snow with it mainly, not interested in tires or mods. thanks for advice.:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which is better over all for value and reliablitey? want to plow snow with it mainly, not interested in tires or mods. thanks for advice.:beer:

They are both good units, similar features, the cat is like the 3/4 ton yamaha the 1/2 ton,
the cat has alot of standard features that are extra on the Yamaha.

The Rhino will fit in a full size pick up, and is now ROPS rated (roll over certification)

The Prowler right now has the best deals on free winch and 2yr warranty,

we sell them both , if you want to give me a call i would be more than happy to go through them with ya...

Terry

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a rhino 700 shooting for straight up reliability, i see more rhinos on the job and stand up well, i was more familiar with the rhino as well, so that was my choice and am happy with that. i dont think you can go wrong with either choice.the cat is bigger which is both its plus and minus.i like the option of putting the rhino in the back of my truck but beware they can kill you tailgate.

prarie fire

Reaction score
don't know much about the rhino but bought a 700 xtx prowler only have a couple hundred miles on it but it seems good little wider than the rhino but doesn't roll over like the rhinos either ,faster than i thought it would be hits 50 mph like nothing seems a bit to noisy for my liking but that seems to be the norm for sxs's 2 year warranty and a winch plus true locking diffs were to much to over look and purchase anything with less.

NoseFirst

Reaction score
Prowler has more bottom end power but for pushing snow your better off with a rhino or you'll be putting alot of axles in the prowler

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been pushing snow with the rhino for 2 winters now. The only thing this year I would complain about is lack of snow to plow

MudPro10

Reaction score
Im a arctic cat fan but I would NOT buy a prowler! ive just seen to many problems with them. 650's blow the seal behind the belt,diff leaks, and if you can keep the axles IN the diffs on the 1000's your not drivin it. Just my 2penny's

hammerbike

Reaction score
Bought my 2008 Prowler XTX700EFI in August of 2009 from T&T Powersports in Bonnyville (780-826-6121), Terry is super to deal with and treats ya right! I am super pleased with my Prowler, great bottom end, great top end, good on fuel and works and plays great too!
I have 2000 kms on mine now, with nothing but oil changes (engine & diffs) and air filter cleaning. No issues at all. Runs very nice and performs excellent! I'm kind of a big guy and I appreciate the extra room and the tilt steering, the extra physical size has had no down side for me in sand, dirt, mud or snow!
Personally, I am happy I didn't get a Rhino, they are just too "little" and just too slow.
I think both are good solid units with good manufacturer and aftermarket support for extras. I know you said you're not interested in extras......neither was I at first !!! LOL
I think that the product is only as good as the dealer, and I got a good one!
Good luck and enjoy whatever you buy!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2008 Prowler XTX700EFI in August of 2009 from T&T Powersports in Bonnyville (780-826-6121), Terry is super to deal with and treats ya right! I am super pleased with my Prowler, great bottom end, great top end, good on fuel and works and plays great too!
I have 2000 kms on mine now, with nothing but oil changes (engine & diffs) and air filter cleaning. No issues at all. Runs very nice and performs excellent! I'm kind of a big guy and I appreciate the extra room and the tilt steering, the extra physical size has had no down side for me in sand, dirt, mud or snow!
Personally, I am happy I didn't get a Rhino, they are just too "little" and just too slow.
I think both are good solid units with good manufacturer and aftermarket support for extras. I know you said you're not interested in extras......neither was I at first !!! LOL
I think that the product is only as good as the dealer, and I got a good one!
Good luck and enjoy whatever you buy!

Actually the product is only as good as the manufacturer, the dealer only makes it that much more better :0

We all have our uses, and some fit better with others. There will always be a battle between utv's, just like the big 3 and imports.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cat all the way for me. 07 650 xt for me. works well and makes some doubters belive! a little longer wider taller. but they work well. working on roll cages for mine to be able to haul around the family. my initals are cat so im biased. happy buying!

Top Bottom