prowler heater

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just was wondering if any one has rigged up a heater on a prowler 650/700?
wondering which side of flow to tap into? before the rad or after? has anyone tried a fan to suck engine heat from under engine cover?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have never put a heater in a Prowler but I can tell you that you want the heater core between the engine and the rad. The coolant will be alot cooler after the rad. You do not want to pull air from under the engine shroud, it will be very stinky and even a small eghaust leak will be putting carbon monoxide into the cab. You don't want under hood air in the cab!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Heater is a great idea. where did you get it. I find that with a full windshield& I closed in the bottom sides with puck board. There seems to be more than enough heat radiating thru. looking for plastic roof and a zipper cab enclosure. :d

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a half window and a full window. soft top and a back enclosure. the dust just about chokes u out. the full window on the roads sucks! but in the rain and cold, its the $h!t! i ll get some pics. but no idea how to add them!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I made just a 2/3 back on my prowler it seams to be a good balance between air flow and back draft. Also weld in some cross bars on the outer edge of the frame.combined with the puck board it's just like a tobbogan, slide over everyting logs,mud,rocks,snow.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
I made just a 2/3 back on my prowler it seams to be a good balance between air flow and back draft. Also weld in some cross bars on the outer edge of the frame.combined with the puck board it's just like a tobbogan, slide over everyting logs,mud,rocks,snow. no good pics of the prowler i'll have to take some.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are some pics of my set up.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 004.jpg