Proper Resolution for a Sled Dealer Mistake?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mistakes happen, but it sounds like the dealer could have done more for you like make a few calls to see where the closest shop was that had the part.

voice your concern in a responsible way, if you get satisfaction great if not find another shop.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would take parts off of a sled for a guy to help them out, especially a good customer. I had trust in my techs that they could replace the parts back and no one would be the wiser. We always did it on a floor model or demo. Its not a big deal really?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would take parts off of a sled for a guy to help them out, especially a good customer. I had trust in my techs that they could replace the parts back and no one would be the wiser. We always did it on a floor model or demo. Its not a big deal really?

depends on the part i guess.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer is a couple hundred km's away.. Lot's of times i'm rolling thru after hours.. They'll leave parts bagged up and hidden outside the gate for me so i can grab on my way by and pay next time i'm in.. Like mentioned above - i found the best dealership and will travel 200+km's 1 way to deal w/ them.. Good service is worth my time in the truck..

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been on both sides of the counter for these situations, its a ****ty deal, a well organized parts counter with communication between the parts techs is the only answer or pre pay the parts when you call. my 14 freeride had a cracked tit on the oil pump and it was noticed the night before we left to the hills, I brought the sled to my dealer that night and they had it in the shop as soon as i got there but didnt get it done for the next day, I walked in about a hour before we were supposed to leave on our trip and the owner tossed me the key to a 163 SP demo and said it was the least he could do, i was more then impressed being it was only the 3rd time I had ever been to the dealer. Not to hijack but huge shout out to doo in wainwright for saving my trip.

Now that's good service..

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thats only my opinion. i wouldnt appreciate my new sled being a parts whore. but obviously there are people that dont agree with me and i dont care. if you need parts that bad. be more organized

Exactly snopro... I would think any good dealer would do that for a good customer!! Not likely for a walk in!! Maxwell, needing an a-arm or a ski on the second day of a three or four day trip has little to do with being organized!!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rarely accountability for mistakes this day and age. Like Teeroy said cover your bases.
Go on line and gather your part numbers. Call and email or fax them the list to the dealer so you can track then yes pre pay. Absolute nonsense but when talking to a parts person who has never owned, rode, or repaired a sled ect. you will not get service your paying for or expecting very often.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rarely accountability for mistakes this day and age. Like Teeroy said cover your bases.
Go on line and gather your part numbers. Call and email or fax them the list to the dealer so you can track then yes pre pay. Absolute nonsense but when talking to a parts person who has never owned, rode, or repaired a sled ect. you will not get service your paying for or expecting very often.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In hindsight I agree, at the time it seemed alright.

More pissed about not sledding this weekend than anything else. I'm not sure how far to take this, I would be embarrassed if this dealer represented my company.
what was the part you needed to ride this weekend? there are a lot of pretty good 'doo peeps in our part of the world here man.....a plea on this site may have got you some results as well. I certainly understand your frustration tho dude.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a brand new xm 2 weeks ago and never made it to my truck from the showroom noticed a oil leak put it in the shop and the nipple on the oil pump was cracked not even half a mile on it .. Told them I needed the sled ASAP and they order parts ground freight cause they didn't want to pay the extra 50 bucks to fly in do needless to say I just got the call today saying it's ready and I'll never go back there again

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealers around GP are a special kind of ignorant, too many people with no clue and big bankrolls to supply, I buy my sleds and parts all over the place because of this, I buy my sleds wherever the price is best and when it comes to parts I have a few people I stick with due to their service. Not sure if glen at spindrift is cat specific when locating and selling parts but the guy goes over the top to help you out, if he charged me 20% more than anyone for parts I would pay it just because of the dealings I've had with him, have you ever had a dealer locate you parts at another dealer, get you a discount on parts at that dealer and get you rush shipping all in doing so just to be nice and help you get back in the mountains? I will forever recommend spindrift on that one occurrence alone

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a brand new xm 2 weeks ago and never made it to my truck from the showroom noticed a oil leak put it in the shop and the nipple on the oil pump was cracked not even half a mile on it .. Told them I needed the sled ASAP and they order parts ground freight cause they didn't want to pay the extra 50 bucks to fly in do needless to say I just got the call today saying it's ready and I'll never go back there again

Did they give you the option to pay for the expedited parts shipping to speed the repair? Just wondering as at least would have opened the discussion and possibly resulted in them doing the right thing (paying for the extra shipping charges) or at least you would only be out $50 and had your sled sooner. Dealers should deal with these issues as part of their customer service training for employees. totally sucks when something new breaks but better there than 20 miles in the back country I suppose.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a $35 aftermarket piece from a dealorship, I asked if would take two weeks maybe, kid behind counter said yes. Part showed up 3 months later. Found out after a few phone calls they tagged out onto a larger order they put in with the same company (saving on shipping costs) my item was prepaid. They should have atleast told me my part was going In with a larger order they were placing. Other dealer I use is good however, they say two weeks actually comes in three to four days and it don't matter if I spend $1 or a $1000 that part comes in.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say where I bought it but lucky I caught it when I did , they took care of the issue and the sales man was super good to me . Service and parts on the other hand needs some tweaking if they wants to keep their customers

Top Bottom