Propane sleds.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)I work as the service manager in a propane shop in fort st john b.c.. I have seen propane powered lawn mowers you can propane almost anything. We are doing all the newer trucks on propane with no problems and more hp. octane of 110+ my 2005 gmc 5.3l loves it. we can also use it to boost diesels:d

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CR rep said 2 tanks are overkill and would last day and a 1/2 for Randy and for us a week. Nothing like a turbo by your nuts and sitting on 2 tanks of explosive.:p
Last time I looked, I had 40 liters of gas between my knees.LOL. Propane fire,gasoline fire,it's still a fire.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The performance trio of Val Simmons of Simmons Flexi-Skis, Steve Benson who is famous for ATS Turbo Systems and Hymark performance, along with extreme back country legend and turbo guru, Brad Story have teamed up to produce propane-powered turbo kits for performance-minded enthusiasts. Their new company is called HP3. They produce a conversion kit for the Yamaha Apex, with other models in the works.

Propane has an octane rating of 111 but burns as if it were 120. It enters the combustion chamber as a vapor, resulting in an extremely clean burn. With the HP3 propane system, jetting automatically adjusts to elevation changes. The twelve-gallon propane tanks provide 75-90 miles of hard riding at a price of about $2.00 per gallon.

This info was copied from HP3 web page.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, because of the fuel and oil delivery system of the two strokes, along with other things.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....any idea on how I can sneak the purchase of a new sled past the wife?????

Buy her a sled as well, haha. I'd be in the ground now if I hadn't bought my wife a sled this yr. She likes to play with me sledding, quadding, and sea doo'n

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best of luck with that one CW.... lol. We do have a spare room if you need till the dust settles.....

Look at your post count TAB, 666 the number of the beast, time to run to the hills brotha,, ooops I meant sled to the hills haha

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy her a sled as well, haha. I'd be in the ground now if I hadn't bought my wife a sled this yr. She likes to play with me sledding, quadding, and sea doo'n

I have a sled for her but she doesn't want to come out and play in the snow....Something about being to cold...baahh I'm getting tired of this lame excuse.

rapptorracing

Reaction score
buy her a battery powered vest, socks and seat to keep her warm. and if she still doesn't come alone well she could always use the batteries to power something else while your out sledding!!!

Top Bottom