Propane sleds.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did you guys think of that propane powered sled? Maybe to save a few bucks us 2 stroke guys could start to mix water with our gas. I wonder what kind of HP gains we could see?

GRD

Reaction score
It looked pretty wild... I believe the sled your talking about was at the CR booth (Randy's Sled). Propane has fairly high octane, I imagine it will pull hard!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did I think of the HP3 sled ? WOW. awesome.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randy's propane powered sled looked pretty awesome. One of the fellas at the CR booth was saying that propane has an octane rating of approx. 120 and that sled is over 300 hp. I wonder how long them tanks last on a days ride?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randy's propane powered sled looked pretty awesome. One of the fellas at the CR booth was saying that propane has an octane rating of approx. 120 and that sled is over 300 hp. I wonder how long them tanks last on a days ride?

Gas powered sleds will run out before the propane sleds will.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was in Mountain Mod Mania 5, the propane powered sled with the BBQ connection. Had twin tanks under the seat if I recall right. Looked like a pretty sweet set-up.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That was randy swenson's sled(yamaha rep).... Aka - fuji, etc...... Propane does have a higher octane rating than gasoline, but it is very dry... Can produce unreal horsepower when set-up right. I used to doo a lot of lpg installs on vehicles, and that was a very clean install. It looked great!!!!

Apex162

Reaction score
The CR rep said 2 tanks are overkill and would last day and a 1/2 for Randy and for us a week. Nothing like a turbo by your nuts and sitting on 2 tanks of explosive.:p

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant remember which sled video it was but they actually hooked a barbecue up to one of those prpne sleds

I can't remember the video I own it and can't remember which one it is in. I know that it belonged to Brad Story.:d

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys that have the propane powered sled in the vid was Vern Simmons from Simmons Skies, we where in seattle washington 2 weekends ago and lots of propane power down there, Brad story has a Prpoane power sled aswell.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the video I own it and can't remember which one it is in. I know that it belonged to Brad Story.:d

I think it is Thunderstruck 5 has Brad Storey's propane powered sled. He said that he is burning $20 a day for propane compared to $60 for the same guy using gas to keep up to him.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$10k for a kit. When you consider that includes turbo and install, a normal turbo kit costs what 7k? so if you do a lot of riding you'll appreciate the fact that propane costs would be about 1/3 that of race fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now if only this made sense to my wife.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom