Propane or Electric heat?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of ordering a new enclosed and have been contemplating going with electric heat vs propane. Has anyone had experience with electric heat? I know many of the small consultant shacks in the patch have electric heat. The only downside I can think of is that you would have to carry a generator with you, which isnt a huge problem. Virtually no maintenance unless a fan quits working in one of the heaters. Have seen a Flaman enclosed with 4-1500w thermostatic controlled,forced air heaters, wall mounted. Take very little room. Talked with a salesman and sounds like they can install what ever size and quantity you wish. Thanks for any feedback.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it will be not a small generator 5000watt would be the smallest to run all your heaters. Electric heat is fine for a stationary trailer. To have a generator running in the parking lot would attract the wrong attention.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 35000 BTu furnace in my small trailer. It uses about a bbq bottle of gas in an average weekend if not less. Propane would be my vote, then you can dry out your stuff on the way home.

Well it will be not a small generator 5000watt would be the smallest to run all your heaters. Electric heat is fine for a stationary trailer. To have a generator running in the parking lot would attract the wrong attention.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say put both in. Then you have propane for wherever, and good electric when plugged in. Options never hurt.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forced air propane hands down, buy a couple of portable electric heaters if you have a chance to get close to a plug. The average heater is 1500w. A standard 110 plug will handle 1 of these heaters. You need air to move to dry things and evaporate water.

Top Bottom