Project Insane Assault

ElectroTech

Reaction score
Heres a few pics of my latest project.
Full Cylinder and Case Porting by Carl's Cycle
SLP Twin Pipes
Head cut for 50/50 Race/Pump (2000') 30% at altitude.
ECU re-flashed for porting and pipes.
Camo Extreme 146X15X2.5
SLP intake
Carl's Vents
WildChilds Billet Rack
Team Lime Green Primary spring, 68 Gram Belly Busters, 64/44 .46,Blk/Pur, delrins and shim washer under snap ring to shorten initial angle and raise initial spring rate slightly.
8450RPM, 76 MPH (speedo) in less than 600 Feet(was just doing piston wash/plug readings) didn't build a drag racer.
Motor build and all installs by yours truly.

Thanks
Steve Wheeler

Sled018.jpg

Sled016.jpg

Sled012.jpg

Sled017.jpg

Sled015.jpg

Sled014.jpg

ElectroTech

Reaction score
It runs really well, still dialing in the clutching, would like to see 8350 on the hill. Low end driveability is awesome, with CFI the days of low end bogs from twins are gone. Goose the throttle for a split second and the skis hop along the ground. In tight quarters this thing is a weapon, its not gonna highmark a turbo but it will hold its own anywhere else, I like to explore and this thing loves the little crazy stuff you have to do sometimes, it moves out quicker than anything I've ridden or seen. Fuel economy (if you can call it that with race fuel) is better than stock.

Lanko

Reaction score
Nice Sled Electro, just wondering what you had to do to get your riser to fit, I am assuming it is a 4". I am riding an new dragon with the pro tapers and have a 2" riser but would like to go to the 4", I think there might be enough play in the wires and throttle cable, but thinking I would have get a longer brake line.

ElectroTech

Reaction score
Thanks Lanko,
Fitting the riser is easy enough, you have to disconnect your brake line from the cylinder, then re-route it up behind the console, you will see where when you look at it.
Also when you re-connect, simply very slightly apply the brakes, basically wiggle the lever with the master cylinder cover off, you will see the bubbles come back up into the fluid, do this till you have no bubbles coming and you should escape having to bleed the brakes. Fill it up to the line and test it out somewhere safe. Make sure that you can turn lock to lock without the sled revving up or any of your lines/wires getting pulled tight.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you post some more pics of your front carls vents? both sides if possible?

Top Bottom