Programing key fob's for GM trucks

poppajon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if key fob programming can be done away from the money sucking dealerships? I have a 2007 Silverado Classic and would like to program a new key fob for it. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From Diesel Place.com

There are 3 methods for programming transmitters, which are listed below as methods 1-3. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed to the passenger door module (PDM). Each programmed transmitter is given a position of #1-#4 in the PDM memory.

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Cheers

poppajon

Reaction score
Wow!! thanks so much, I'm going to give it a try this afternoon.
MUCH APPRECIATED!! GM wanted a half to 3/4 hour labour charge.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
From Diesel Place.com

There are 3 methods for programming transmitters, which are listed below as methods 1-3. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed to the passenger door module (PDM). Each programmed transmitter is given a position of #1-#4 in the PDM memory.

Method 1 - No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Cheers

Very cool...I'm saving this post...just because...now that is what a forum is really for...REPPED THAT!!! :d:beer::d

poppajon

Reaction score
Very cool...I'm saving this post...just because...now that is what a forum is really for...REPPED THAT!!! :d:beer::d

Very true.......lots of helpful people here and the information is priceless. Thanks everyone.

Jon

Bails

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!! thanks so much, I'm going to give it a try this afternoon.
MUCH APPRECIATED!! GM wanted a half to 3/4 hour labour charge.

Wow, I can't believe they would charge you at all for that, let alone 1/2 - 3/4 shop rate. Were you a previous customer? If you were I wouldn't be giving them anymore business.

It's little things like doing that for free that goes a long way in customer service. Which in the long run would be more business for them. But aparently that shop is poorley run.

Top Bottom