Pro won't start? Looking for help

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a new tether and bumper on my pro and it won't start now. After installing the tether I tested it several times and it worked fine. I loaded the sled on my deck shut it down drove 20km home and now it won't fire.

When looking at it I also noticed I forgot to install the exhaust sensor and ran it for 10 min with out it in. I reinstalled it still and it still won't fire.

any thoughts?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a new tether and bumper on my pro and it won't start now. After installing the tether I tested it several times and it worked fine. I loaded the sled on my deck shut it down drove 20km home and now it won't fire.

When looking at it I also noticed I forgot to install the exhaust sensor and ran it for 10 min with out it in. I reinstalled it still and it still won't fire.

any thoughts?
check spark?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always go back to the last thing worked on.
I would unplug the newly added tether wiring and see if it starts.

Turts, typing on

Russell P

Reaction score
You got the sled on to your deck, would guess tether is fine. X2 on the spark theory. I had my 13 do the same thing to me last year. One minute, running like a top, the next, it won't start. Swap out the plugs and give it a shot.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I'm working in the states this week but I will try plugs first and if that doesn't cut is unplug the tether as soon as I get home.

nutma

Reaction score
When i installed my tether it fired at first and died right away ended up being that with the nut on the back side the tether would not connect properly and would kill the sled. Also found out that the sled would run with the main hood connection not being plugged in.

tiberius71

Reaction score
Pretty cold out. How long did you warm it when you loaded it? Did you do a lot of starts and stops when you were testing the tether. Probably loaded up the motor. Give it about half throttle when trying to start it and see if that works.
Same thing happened to a buddy in our group this weekend. Loaded sled, drove out to riding area and it wouldn't fire. Half throttle fired up right away.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
When i installed my tether it fired at first and died right away ended up being that with the nut on the back side the tether would not connect properly and would kill the sled. Also found out that the sled would run with the main hood connection not being plugged in.

I had the same thing happen to me.

Top Bottom